Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No automatic daylight savings time change?

Just got my GS300h Luxury last month. When I got into the car on Sunday morning I expected the clock to change automatically, but it didn’t. So I went into the menu and turned off the daylight savings time option. Is this expected behaviour? Bit naf, n’est-ce pas?

When I got into my new RC last Sunday morning I was mightily impressed to see the clock automatically put back.  Or so I thought until my

wife informed me that, not having found the traditional +/- buttons, she had switched off the DST in the Settings ten minutes before.   Clever 

girl.   Cleverer than me, at least ....

• Haha 1

You would think that by now, all cars could be fitted with radio controlled clocks, they cost next to nothing.

Although they may need an antenna tied in with the radio antenna, as the car may act like a Faraday cage ?

Although I had one on the dashboard in a van I owned, and that worked OK.

My GS450H has the function to enable the auto change over, and auto time correction. If I set it to auto change when the car is first turned on the time shown is incorrect, and corrects itself  after a few minutes. This at first seems not to be a problem, but if I have turned the car off then need to check the time perhaps for a parking restriction pressing the start button to turn on the clock display the clock gives the wrong time.
Leaving the clock in manual setting mode the clock always shows the correct time except when the clocks are altered for daylight saving.

John.

Not had a car yet where it is automatic - probably because the dates for the clock change vary around the world with one of them (or is it both) being a week out in the US from the UK/Europe.

What does it take to change to a car clock forward or backwards?something we now can't be bothered to do or no longer want to do?maybe time to have our bums cleaned for us,surprised it isn't available yet or maybe it already  is lol 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scudney said:

What does it take to change to a car clock forward or backwards?something we now can't be bothered to do or no longer want to do?maybe time to have our bums cleaned for us,surprised it isn't available yet or maybe it already  is lol 😜

Toilets that clean your bum have been around for many years in Asia and are now easily available over here  lol

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't anybody have Butlers to do that sort of cleaning for them anymore? Mine always does an excellent job of that...

The more annoying "feature" for me is that I cannot see any way of making the clock display a 24-hour format, instead of 12-hour format.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links