Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is220d fuel line primer pump

Db311

Good morning to all I wonder if anyone on here can help me find where abouts I can get a new part from the part is situated behind the back differential next to the fuel filter it's electric pump that primes the fuel line..

20191030_110009.jpg

20191029_090952.jpg

20191030_105950.jpg

• 11 months later...

My Lexus IS 220 D turns over for a long time before starting, but never fails to start! I have watched You Tube videos and they suggest that there is a toggle switch on the right hand side of the seering wheel. I have a switch like this but it seems to operated and intruder system? Is there a manual primer on some models or wat should I do? it sounds to me like a fuel probem? Any suggestions?

Hi Rob and welcome to the LOC.

A typical cause for prolonged engine cranking on diesel engines is failure of one one more of the glow plugs, check for voltage presence and correct operation. 

Another is air entering the fuel lines due to poor, loose or deteriorated connections.

Normally there is a check valve in the discharge side of the fuel pump within the fuel tank which maintains the fuel pressure after the engine is switched off. You can check its function by inserting a pressure gauge. 

If the fuel pressure is lost after switch off, you can just insert a check valve in place of the pressure gauge. This way you do not need to replace the fuel feed pump to the high pressure pump feeding the injectors.

Chris.

• 2 years later...