Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Alloys Warranty

Hi everyone, I'm looking to become a proud Lexus owner, but have one question to ask.

I've been reading through the forum and I know that the corrosion on the alloy wheels is a common fault. However I wanted to know if Lexus have acknowledged this and extended the warranty period on this, as with the Lexus stereo (now five years i see). The reason for my asking, is that I am looking at a fully loaded 01/Y IS200 SE, and the wheels are slightly corroded. It just run out of warranty some I am unsure of what to do.

Thanking you for your help in advance..

Purvesh

Just on this subject a tiny bit :offtopic:

I have just got my car and the dealer put new alloys on, these are obviously mint. Thing is how do I keep them this way, if they are prone to corrosion then can I do anything to make sure they stay mint?

Chris

Oops I forgot to mention, its a private sale..

He asking £15,000 ono for a black IS200SE 01/Y Auto,Sat Nav 30k miles.

mine is the extact spec as yours, brought from a main dealer for that price (back in september), however mine was 2000 and 35k.

Oops I forgot to mention, its a private sale..

He asking £15,000 ono for a black IS200SE 01/Y Auto,Sat Nav 30k miles.

I'd point out the marks to the owner, say it'll cost £X per wheel to fix and that if they knowck that off the price you'll go for it....

I agree with Claire, get them to knock the refurb cost off the asking price.

The corrosion is still an issue on IS alloys. Mine were replaced when i purchased the car back in June last year, and they have started to corrode again. I have spoken to my dealer who is supposed to find out from the Lexus Warranty department if they can be changed again. The only thing is that my wheels will now be replaced with 'refurbed' wheels i.e. fully powder coated, as opposed the ones that i have at the moment which have a chrome/diamond cut finish on the rim and edges of the spokes.

It should cost you about £50 per wheel.

if your lucky that is!!! £50-100!!!

the surface is highly polished, and kerb marks need to polished out.

Or the cheaper option it to spray them all one colour.

Or do it yourself (spray to one colour)

Thanks for the info from everyone.. sadly I decided not to go for it. It had a few too many marks and a couple of dings in it.. Also didn't get a 'genuine' good- feeling about the car.

I'll still be hunting though!

Nice car but it's missing the two things I really need.. Sat Nav and an Auto gearbox. I prefer the manuals, but the girlfriends very good with these.... lets not say any more!

I'm thinking of going for the ones after 02' as they come with the DVD navigation. I've been looking for a couple of months now..