Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MOT time again and another pass - no history on this car of any failures still and it is almost 14 years old 😊. But, had an advisory on it this time for a deteriorated rear number plate but still readable (plate is starting to de-laminate) .... bummer....., a bit harsh , and there goes the clean history, at least its not a fail !!!

Also, i dont know why i checked, i checked the info on the Gov site and it stated the car was on 85k miles, i dont think so... its only on 35k so i took it back to be updated - i am amazed at how easy it was to do. Good job to check the info after an MOT to save a lot of hassle in the future.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Also, i dont know why i checked, i checked the info on the Gov site and it stated the car was on 85k miles, i dont think so... its only on 35k so i took it back to be updated - i am amazed at how easy it was to do. Good job to check the info after an MOT to save a lot of hassle in the future.

Good move for if/when you come to sell, buyers are spooked (at least I am) when the DVLA mileage does not add up.

4 hours ago, graham8370 said:

Always check at time of MOT. Happened to me a few years ago and was informed that MOT details can't be changed on the Gov. Website after 7 days

Yes, i checked on the Gov web site when i found out - you have 28 days from the date of the MOT to go back to the garage who performed the MOT for them to update it - after that you need to go directly to the DVLA.

1 hour ago, SexyLexi said:

Wow only 35k

I know, found it last year when my old one was written off, had done 25k then. Mint car still. More impressed that it has a sunroof !!

Have not long changed jobs so mileage will not be added as much and also going part time next year so daily commute will be 60 miles a month so it will be a good buy for someone when i sell it. Probably get my cycle back on the road so wont use it as much next year either so its going to sit idle .... dont want my wife to drive it as it will get wrecked ..😉 So unsere whether to keep and get a smaller car although the convertible IS is tempting ..