Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues when breaking

Hi everyone. 

This is my first time posting on the site and i am hoping you might be able to help us with a issue. 

We have a 19 plate NX 300h takumi and everything has been great until recently. Under breaking at low speeds we are finding the abs is kicking in without heavy application of the break pedal.

The abs seems to kick in at low speeds and also a locking up of one or more of the wheels at low speed. This was happening in the wet but has now progressed to happening in the dry.

The car is currently at Lexus (as it is only 3 months old) and they have found that the computer has stored abs activations at 14mph. This has the technician stumped and also he has been unable to replicate the fault.

Apologies for the long winded explanation but i am hoping that you might be able to help or if anyone has had any similar problems

I'm guessing that as the NX is such a recent vehicle the answer to your question may not be forthcoming.  Being only 3 months old it's the dealers absolute responsibility to put it right regardless of how long it takes them.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'm guessing that as the NX is such a recent vehicle the answer to your question may not be forthcoming.  Being only 3 months old it's the dealers absolute responsibility to put it right regardless of how long it takes them.

Vehicle itself is recent but the mechanicals are 4 years old now.

Most likely I'd expect a wheel sensor to be a bit oversensitive. 

Absolutely take it to the dealership ASAP, and get them to fix it as that is not supposed to happen. We have an NX and the ABS system has never had to kick in yet and that's under lots of heavy braking scenarios. Sounds like a faulty ABS sensor.

Hi Ryan

I have a UX that is one of the first batch to arrive and registered in March 19 and I too am experiencing similar symptoms. The ABS seems occasionally to kick in at very low speeds and certainly not in situations where you would expect it too. Seems to be random with no pattern. 

I was going to mention it when it is due a service but based on the above will probably take it in for the Dealer to take a look.

John

The only thing I can expect to cause and to trigger apart from faulty wheel sensors or abs sensors are the tyres.

When the vehicle is very new, we're talking less than 1000 miles, the tyres will be fairly fresh and won't have their optimum grip levels. 3 months in I'd expect that to be unlikely however

Are we 100% sure it's the abs? Or is it pulsing of the brake pedal? 

Apologies for the delay in replying, work has had me quite busy.

Yes, the Lexus technician has confirmed that data stored in the cars memory is showing an abs activation at 14 mph.

Other times, the tell tail sign of abs thump through the break pedal has been felt (this has been under normal breaking)

i am hoping to here from Lexus tomorrow, I will let you know what they say.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, Ryan Austin said:

Hi everyone. 

This is my first time posting on the site and i am hoping you might be able to help us with a issue. 

We have a 19 plate NX 300h takumi and everything has been great until recently. Under breaking at low speeds we are finding the abs is kicking in without heavy application of the break pedal.

The abs seems to kick in at low speeds and also a locking up of one or more of the wheels at low speed. This was happening in the wet but has now progressed to happening in the dry.

The car is currently at Lexus (as it is only 3 months old) and they have found that the computer has stored abs activations at 14mph. This has the technician stumped and also he has been unable to replicate the fault.

Apologies for the long winded explanation but i am hoping that you might be able to help or if anyone has had any similar problems

My Takumi is only 5 weeks old but no such problems - be interested how long it takes to fix.

Spoke to Lexus this morning, and they are still no further in diagnosing the problem. Lexus technical have mention to the technician that their could be an imbalance in the wheels but he finds that hard to believe. They are going to keep the car a few more days and see if they can diagnose it.

The tyres and wheels have been check, all pressures ok and wheels balance was ok.

i will let you know more when they get back to me. 

John, is your ux still having the same problems have you taken it back to the delete yet?

Hi everyone,

Lexus where in touch today and have been unable to determine the fault. 

According to the technician he has been unable to replicate the issues we have had. 

They are returning the vehicle to us tomorrow but I will speak to them and see if anything else can be done before we accept the vehicle.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.