Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS F First Drive

When a IS F came up at a dealers about an hours drive away I thought, best get and drive oneĀ šŸ˜€

First impressions on seeing the car on the forecourt were - thats a muscular looking car with a wide lowĀ stance.

The salesman started it to move it out and that lovely muted V8 sound on cold idle soundedĀ just right. The seating position with it's low dash line was perfect for me and the steering wheel the right size and thickness, mirrors gave a lovely rear view without having to look for them. Controls and steering all light and very positive. Felt right at home even before pulling out onto the road.

The gearbox in auto was very slick, effortless and seamless changes as the car built speed. I was expecting some harshness in the ride, but on this 2012 model it felt fine to me. No rattles or creaks. Once warm I hit the sports button and dropped it into 2nd on the paddles and as soon as it hit 3800rpm the 2nd intake roar filed the cabin with that extra air being feed into the engine and the needle raced towards the red line, at which point the salesman said 'that's the turbo kicking in"Ā šŸ™„I knew then that he nothing about the.F cars. Really liked the centre dash tach layout and the warning lights as you approach the red line. After 20mins we were back at the dealership and I had a good look around. Plenty of room for 6 footers in the back and a large enough boot for carrying anything from a weeks shopping to a load of sports equipment. The infotainment system was the most disappointing thing about the car and not intuitive at all. However, that's not why I want oneĀ šŸ˜€

No sunroof on this car, so not one for me to buy, however it did confirm that I'm buying the right make & modelĀ 

Ā 

• Like 3

Sounds like you had a good time, that V8 is fantastic.Ā Ā Iā€™ve always liked the ISF but it was never the right time to buy one when the perfect one turned up. Iā€™m only 5ft7 and Iā€™m not sure that a 6ft person would be able to sit comfortably behind me though šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø.

Good luck with your search.Ā 

Mesa RedĀ  on AT. Fantastic colour in the flesh.Ā šŸ‘Ā This car has been mentioned on here beforeĀ  and has been in the network for over a year.

Car has paintwork blemishes and mis matched tyres on the front, a Falken and a SportactiveĀ with a split. Bridgestone Potenzas on the rear - one of which has shoulder wear. Piece of trim loose on nearside front wheel well. Discs all rusty from lack of use. No mats. Both keys.Ā 

As usual with car warehouses, they don't hold the car files at the site and they know bugger all about what they are selling. Finance Sir, Paint protection Sir. Warranty ( RAC ) Sir.

Wont move on priceĀ Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

Mesa RedĀ  on AT. Fantastic colour in the flesh.Ā šŸ‘Ā This car has been mentioned on here beforeĀ  and has been in the network for over a year.

Car has paintwork blemishes and mis matched tyres on the front, a Falken and a SportactiveĀ with a split. Bridgestone Potenzas on the rear - one of which has shoulder wear. Piece of trim loose on nearside front wheel well. Discs all rusty from lack of use. No mats. Both keys.Ā 

As usual with car warehouses, they don't hold the car files at the site and they know bugger all about what they are selling. Finance Sir, Paint protection Sir. Warranty ( RAC ) Sir.

Wont move on priceĀ Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpg

Oh this one. I thought something new came up. This Colour in your photo looks much better than the ones on AT though. Still Dun think i can stomach red.Ā 

Thanks though.

barry

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Mesa red - definitely the last IS-F colour I would have. It's too wishy washy (IMHO)

I am looking at white rcf carbon on AT. Is the contrast too over the top?

• Like 1

Yep, I test drove this one 13 months ago and it had been with Arnold ClarkeĀ in Stoke for a good while then.

The problem started when their buyerĀ bought it in for far too much money and way above what its was worth with the paint needing so much attention.Ā The previous owner got a right result.Ā Ā  The moneyĀ over its value from the start must be following it around in the trade and nobody wants to give up on their %.Ā  Is it that the dealers can get away with selling a tatty Audi or Ford but underestimate the niche an ISF sits inĀ or how discerning buyers are? Are they that daft ?

That said at what price does it become a good buy for someone because it does drive well and given Lexus told me they would offer a warrantyĀ I recon at Ā£20k its a bargain.Ā  (which is about what I offered Arnold Clark last year and they were having none of it :tongue_smilie:).Ā 

17 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Yep, I test drove this one 13 months ago and it had been with Arnold ClarkeĀ in Stoke for a good while then.

The problem started when their buyerĀ bought it in for far too much money and way above what its was worth with the paint needing so much attention.Ā The previous owner got a right result.Ā Ā  The moneyĀ over its value from the start must be following it around in the trade and nobody wants to give up on their %.Ā  Is it that the dealers can get away with selling a tatty Audi or Ford but underestimate the niche an ISF sits inĀ or how discerning buyers are? Are they that daft ?

That said at what price does it become a good buy for someone because it does drive well and given Lexus told me they would offer a warrantyĀ I recon at Ā£20k its a bargain.Ā  (which is about what I offered Arnold Clark last year and they were having none of it :tongue_smilie:).Ā 

Glynn, your right, it drives really nicely. Some of the paintwork issues that you highlighted to me has been done, A pillar, laquer peel on the bonnet, sill scrape. The 5p ding in passenger door is still there. Wheels have been done and remarked. Tyres are shocking. From the head office I established it has had 4 keepers and a full ( annual ) service history from Lexus apart from one which was due May 2019. Even though it is devoid of a sunroof, it needs rescuing and if they would bit the bullet and sell it at the Ā£20k mark I would be in.Ā  Just checked the website and it's gone frpm Ā£21,998 to Ā£22,206 WTFšŸ™„

On 11/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, Flytvr said:

Mesa red - definitely the last IS-F colour I would have. It's too wishy washy (IMHO)

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with pink! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

On 11/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, Charliecloud said:

Wont move on priceĀ Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpg

Colour is the biggest part of the car especially on a visual effect, Mesa red was the only colour I was interested in, I stumbled across mine by accident but took it as fate. 5yrs on and it still makes me look back at it, yes I sometimes consider selling BUT donā€™t actually think I ever would.......house build/finish is normally my thinking stumble and then I recall the saying ā€œRome wasnā€™t built in a dayā€ šŸ˜‚.....my colour preferenceĀ would beĀ 

RED

white or grey

blue

silverĀ 

black

colour aside theyā€™re a fantastic car