Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My LS suspension, a change of plan!

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I ordered a coil conversion kit from Strutmaster in the US. Well, I've since looked at their customer reviews and quite honestly it scared me to bits!  If it was here in the UK it may not be so bad, but being in another country, hmm. Perhaps I should have spent more time reading the reviews instead of the company claims.  So, I contacted my bank and just managed to stop the payment, just!  I've now gone completely nuts and ordered 4 new air struts from Rockauto.  A much more expensive option but hopefully one that will be worthwhile. 

13 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

How much sweat was there while trying to stop the payment?

Much!  Maybe they would be ok, maybe not.  There's also suggestions that only the springs are made in the US whereas the struts are Chinese. Who knows, I'm just not risking it.

47 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

Rock auto are ok as you know what you’re getting. I don’t go for the cheapies but opt for the daily driver quality in the hope it will be quality. 🤞

The only air shocks they offer are Arnott, which from reading other reviews seem pretty good. if I've got my calculations right they'll work out about £1,000 less for the four compared to buying from Lexus.  I've paid a little bit more for faster shipping, also I've paid the VAT up front, that just leaves customs duty and a small handling fee to Fedex.  I'm just keen to get it back to how it should be.  I may still fit them myself, depends how the old knees are!

27 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Good luck Phil, trust it all works out ok for you, which I am sure it will, Roger

Thanks Roger, the parts have been picked up by FedEx and are due to arrive here next Monday.  If I can get easy access to the rear top mounts I'll fit them myself.  Paul Frost gave me some info explaining how it's done so I'll have a play with that tomorrow.  I'm hoping to avoid removing the seat!

The rear seats are easy to take out Phil.

It will also be a good time to clean under them for all the little lost items which were in peoples pockets over the years.... might even find some Yen down there 

37 minutes ago, skyway said:

The rear seats are easy to take out Phil.

It will also be a good time to clean under them for all the little lost items which were in peoples pockets over the years.... might even find some Yen down there 

I'll be looking for the lucky Yen!  Do the Japanese do it in all their cars?  I've pulled up the base parts and because I have fabric seats I don't have cooling hoses to remove.  Also, because I'm not removing the rear shelf I can just pull the seat back forwards and lift up the shelf to give me access to the top mounts...hopefully.  As of yesterday my parts have gone from Maryland to Memphis where the massive Fedex headquarters are so I'm assuming they'll arrive in the UK by tomorrow.  If the weather is decent my plan will be to start doing the fronts next Thursday, and I'll fit all the new drop links at the same time. 

PS

Did you see Naz has still got his other Celsior for sale?  Really surprising.

• Like 1

All sounds good Phil.

Yeah there was some bad damage he said was done while shipping, the problem is the repair done was sub standard and really shows.

I wonder if His dad's century will run on E10

12 minutes ago, skyway said:

All sounds good Phil.

Yeah there was some bad damage he said was done while shipping, the problem is the repair done was sub standard and really shows.

I wonder if His dad's century will run on E10

I didn't realise it had damage.  Ah yes, that was a sight to behold, the only Century I've seen in the flesh.  Took the seat out today, dead easy, and my parts are now at Stansted.

14 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

That's very quick - hopefully you will be smiling again very soon and I look forward to the write up!

Interestingly I checked and they're now due for delivery today!  Now that is quick.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links