Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Wheel Judder

Guys is it normal in cold weather for the RCF to judder when I reverse it out on full lock.  This has only started to occur since the temp dropped so I am wondering if this is tire slip because of wide tread or something more sinister.  When I reverse straight back or then move forward on lock it doesn't seem to occur.

I hope to God its not track rods....but any views would be welcomed.

Perfectly normal..

First time it happened to me I thought I'd run over a brick! Once the temps drop it happens every time I leave my driveway.

All to do with the wide tread and low sidewall height. Happens to many marques fitted with low profile wide tyres 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

Noticed the judder for the 1st time the other day, took me back to driving my Giulia. That would judder virtually all year round. Made tight manoeuvring interesting.

Thank God it doesn't take me back to the two Italian cars I owned...first Lancia Delta Integrale - could hardly move the f**ker due to weight of steering getting out of the drive.

Alpha Romeo GTV6 - inboard discs...what a pleasure that was...and when the brake cable snapped they said....we will have to drop the engine....I thought he was kidding....he wasn't..

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Time to master the J-turn 😉

Great idea....not sure the M5 owner behind me on the estate (read "Close") would be overly happy.....worth a try though!!!!!!

Handbrake out at 06.30 am .......my kind of town!!!!

Just now, Richard Kenny said:

Great idea....not sure the M5 owner behind me on the estate (read "Close") would be overly happy.....worth a try though!!!!!!

Handbrake out at 06.30 am .......my kind of town!!!!

I treat my neighbours to a 7:15am open valve start up, especially if they've been obnoxiously loud the previous night... 😛, when we had snow at start of the year, I did manage one J-turn at the bottom of the road, couldn't make it out the top of the road mind, due to the ice, was most definitely worth a try though!

2 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I treat my neighbours to a 7:15am open valve start up, especially if they've been obnoxiously loud the previous night... 😛, when we had snow at start of the year, I did manage one J-turn at the bottom of the road, couldn't make it out the top of the road mind, due to the ice, was most definitely worth a try though!

LOL...love it, my problem is most of my neighbors are either "boomers" -  too deaf to care........or Gen Z.....don't really know what a real CAR is.....and why does it sound like that.....coming out onto the Kenilworth Road...most mornings is like doing a J Turn...only I drop about 90 degrees....that back end on the RCF is none too kind......

Do send me the video of the JT in the snow......