Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picking It Up Tomorrow!

I went to a car garage recently, after driving round a smelly old Diesel knacker for 5 years. There, side-by-side, was a Lexus IS 200 S and a BMW 318i. They both looked mean, they both looked solid.

I couldn't really decide between the two. The 318i was rock-solid and had tremendous build quality - the only thing I could find wrong with it was the fact that it had a tape player and no CD.

I got in the Lexus next - nice, but I was put off slightly by the plastic interior a little.. so that was it .. I was having the BMW.

... do you want to know what changed my mind ?

I started it up.

My ***.. what an absolutely pant-wetting ROOOOOAAARRRR. That's it, bol**cks to everything - I'm having that Lexus.

And so I pick up the Lexus tomorrow !!!

Did I make the right choice ? Also, what do you guys reckon on the interior ? Have you done anything in the cabin to tweak it ? :driving:

Nice choice never mind the BMW. and wellcome to the club

as for the dash i dont find it to plastic and all the other things the lex has far makes for a better vehicle in my humble opinion.

But i would be biased :whistling: :winky:

Happy :driving: in your new lex

I must admit, i did expect a better dash for a £25k motor, it werent much better then my 94 primera was about 11-15k?! But like steve says it grows on you!!

O first thing i done was, spray some dash flash and polish it!! ;)

And yes you made the right choice:)

Loads of people with 318's say to me, damm i wish got your now, there was none about when they were looking to buy.

And with an IS200 it doesn't matter how boring you job is, you look forward to driving to work! My wife works for a Lexus dealer so brings them home every now and then - did this for a year until I broke and bought myself an IS200. Watch a Beemer driver's envy as you drive by them - everyones got one and they know it!!! ;)

I might sell the house and misses and get a 300 next.

Welocome to the club mate!!! :D

To be honest before i bought mine i wasnt too keen on the dash :unsure: by the time i got home from the dealers it had grown on me :D - it looks even better in the dark with the dash lit up :winky: :driving:

My missus said...

"So you're telling me that the ONLY reason you chose the Lexus over the BMW was the sound of the engine???"

"Yup", says I, with a big cheesy grin on my face.

I drive up and down the M6 every day and to be honest, although the BMW has the badge - there's too many of them around, they're like bloody Vauxhall Vectras.. :)

8 hours until I pick it up.... :)

good choice. I was looking for a BMW 318 before getting the IS but was put off by the idiot dealers, the naff interior and the ropey 4 cylinder engine noises. Prices were high for no toys too.

Good man.

Welcome buddy,

I bought my IS200 Sport on a 51 plate just before Xmas. :P

Missis went mental because of the money i was spending.........Until she witnessed the beast in action, Loves being seen in it now and tells all her mates what the car is like now.

Karlos B)