Seadoo130

Is300h used purchase

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I am looking to switch my Ct200h for is300h, current car is euro 6 (65 plate), car I’m looking to buy is also a 65 plate  but showing as Euro 5 on the Hpi checker. I thought al 65 plates onwards were Euro6?  Not keen on switching to a Eu5 car.
 

Any insight info would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

There doesn't seem to be any difference in the emissions regulations for an EU5 or EU6 Petrol car.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/eu5-and-eu6-engines-whats-the-difference-0626

However the IS is a much nice car to drive than the CT. Car tax will be £10 not free. Expect about 45 MPG depending on type of driving.

Hope you find the right car.

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure that you have a long test drive in the car you are considering. Seat comfort varies considerably between models. My 2014 f sport was quite firm. I am sure you will enjoy the IS. Great fuel consumption and performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks both, good point on the EU5/6 petrol emissions they do seem the same!

Test drove one 75k full Lexus service history and was left very impressed different beast to the CT. Car spotless, felt tight no rattles etc and just glided around, noticeably torquier and has that extra reserve of grunt the ct lacks after 30mph.

Just need to justify the cost to change! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need to justify the cost to change! Thanks!


For that you need man maths...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, PaulWhitt20 said:

However the IS is a much nice car to drive than the CT. Car tax will be £10 not free. Expect about 45 MPG depending on type of driving.

Hope you find the right car.

Paul

Hi Paul, 

I'm looking to move out of a 2006 IS250 and into a IS300h. Can I ask what sort of mpg you get in heavy traffic? I commute into Croydon which is depressing enough but in addition the heavy traffic kills my trusty is250's mpg. Most of my trip is at 50mph with av. Speed camera, so I usually get an 32mpg indicated on the obc (so perhaps a true 27mpg). 

I've also read across a few reviews that in eco mode the 300h cvt gearbox at roundabouts can be a bit slow to react. Would you agree? 

Cheers

Antonio

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should see 45mpg on your commute. Don't bother with eco mode as it makes little difference. There is no problem with pick up when you need a more rapid getaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response malcolm.

45mpg will do nicely and reassuring to hear that the cvt compares well to the 6 speed auto in the is250. 

Got one more question, which is specific to the is300h f sport alloys.

Do they corrode like the 17inch ones you find on the pre face lift is250 sel? 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My commute is about 7 miles and usually takes 30 minutes at an average speed of about 14 miles per hour. The mpg varies between about 30 in the winter to 50 in the summer. My average mpg is 45. In the winter when the engine is cold the engine runs to warm up the car so the fact I am stuck in traffic with the engine on is not much help to the mpg.


Thanks
Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lex_1988 said:

Thanks for the response malcolm.

45mpg will do nicely and reassuring to hear that the cvt compares well to the 6 speed auto in the is250. 

Got one more question, which is specific to the is300h f sport alloys.

Do they corrode like the 17inch ones you find on the pre face lift is250 sel? 

Great car performance and mpg wise, but as already said don't bother with ehe eco mode

 

 

 

No they are fine.

A word to the wise ( from a former f sport owner) make sure you have a good long test drive as the high tech foam in the seats is quite firm.

As previously said don't bother with the eco mode, i found that my mpg was worse if I used it.

Do watch the lexus hybrid video though

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

My commute is about 7 miles and usually takes 30 minutes at an average speed of about 14 miles per hour. The mpg varies between about 30 in the winter to 50 in the summer. My average mpg is 45. In the winter when the engine is cold the engine runs to warm up the car so the fact I am stuck in traffic with the engine on is not much help to the mpg.


Thanks
Paul

That's cool. My commute is currently 21 miles, where I'm straight on the m23 and then into Croydon traffic for the last 15mins of my 55min journey. So hopefully should be all warmed up for that. On the way home the traffic is considerably less so I'm hoping that I'll manage 40mpg min. 

This will be my first car where I'll be financing with a personal loan. 

2 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

No they are fine.

A word to the wise ( from a former f sport owner) make sure you have a good long test drive as the high tech foam in the seats is quite firm.

As previously said don't bother with the eco mode, i found that my mpg was worse if I used it.

Do watch the lexus hybrid video though

 

Saw a 2014 f sport today with 33k miles on it at my local dealer and they're asking for £17k with a year's warranty. It's in sonic silver and not titanium, although has fsh, premium nav (no mark levinson) and funky red leather (was this a cost upgrade new?) 

Didn't have a chance for a test drive and maybe I have got used to the soft ride of a car on 17inch wheels. The is250 is so comfy like a pair of old slippers. 

I've seen a 2014 f sport in black from a non lexus dealer with 53k and flsh and same spec (minus the red leather) and its on at £15.7k.

 Just wondering whether the dealer car is value at that price? 

Cheers for your replies so far guys, much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lex_1988 said:

That's cool. My commute is currently 21 miles, where I'm straight on the m23 and then into Croydon traffic for the last 15mins of my 55min journey. So hopefully should be all warmed up for that. On the way home the traffic is considerably less so I'm hoping that I'll manage 40mpg min. 

This will be my first car where I'll be financing with a personal loan. 

Saw a 2014 f sport today with 33k miles on it at my local dealer and they're asking for £17k with a year's warranty. It's in sonic silver and not titanium, although has fsh, premium nav (no mark levinson) and funky red leather (was this a cost upgrade new?) 

Didn't have a chance for a test drive and maybe I have got used to the soft ride of a car on 17inch wheels. The is250 is so comfy like a pair of old slippers. 

I've seen a 2014 f sport in black from a non lexus dealer with 53k and flsh and same spec (minus the red leather) and its on at £15.7k.

 Just wondering whether the dealer car is value at that price? 

Cheers for your replies so far guys, much appreciated. 

Red leather did I believe have some wear issues so check it carefully. 

My fsport was a 2014 in black. I think I had ML though. I would err towards a Lexus supplied car in view of the warranty benefits 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£1.3K extra for a year of warranty and 20K less miles on the clock seems like a no brainer. That is, if the red leather is no issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice all. Ended up getting a 64 plate f sport this weekend in ultra blue, however still sad to say goodbye to my reliable is250. On 95k but Im sure it will do another 100k easily. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.