Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise control arrow on speedo symbol?

Hi everyone, i don't have the manual for the car, sorry. So I'd like to ask for your help? I tried the cruise control today and haven't used it for a while. I noticed the word cruise in green showing but not the symbol with an arrow and speedo together? How do i get it back and what does it mean please?

20 hours ago, GogCymru said:

but not the symbol with an arrow and speedo together? How do i get it back and what does it mean please?

That's not a symbol I'm familiar with and I use cruise control all the time. Can't see anything similar mentioned in the manual either.

Unless earlier cars are different, the green "CRUISE" to signify that it's available, is all there is that appears on the dash.

• Thanks 1

Cruise sets the speed for the car to travel at.  There is also a feature in some cars to set a speed that the car will NOT go passed.  Say you are on a 50mph limit...you set the speed to 50 and even if you press the accelerator to go passed the set speed at 50mph the car will not do so.  I think that is what that symbol refers to.

I would very much like you to be correct on this. I really miss the speedtronic limiter I had on my Mercedes but there is noting in the handbook to suggest your are correct. I've set the cruise on both my 2016 and 2019 RCs and was able to accelerate past that set speed, returning to the cruise speed when lifting off.

I feel this is something Lexus should really offer, the ability to drive as normal but not go past an upper set limit. Great for driving through average speed limit areas on motorways! Also very comforting when driving through town or urban areas. Set the limit to 30 or 40  mph and just drive normally knowing one cannot go past the set limit (unless one depresses the accelerator to the floor).