Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth audio cassette adapter

I know that we have a few threads with recommendations for adding Bluetooth connection to  a rx400h, but I don't recall seeing a report about one of these:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254239691426

Has anybody used such a device to stream music?

11 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I've used one. They're OK but the FM Bluetooth doodaas are better. I use a couple of these in my cars that don't have BT.

Thanks Richard.   Is it difficult to find an unused radio frequency for the transmitter to use?  What happens if your journey takes you in to an area where a new radio station is detected on the frequency you are already using for your transmitter?

49 minutes ago, welland said:

What happens if your journey takes you in to an area where a new radio station is detected on the frequency you are already using for your transmitter?

Then the radio station will swamp your little transmitter and you'll have to change the frequency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Then the radio station will swamp your little transmitter and you'll have to change the frequency.

That's just what I was thinking.  Which brings me back to my original question:how difficult is it to find a spare frequency?

57 minutes ago, welland said:

That's just what I was thinking.  Which brings me back to my original question:how difficult is it to find a spare frequency?

It's impossible to say because FM broadcast stations don't have a great range, so you may find a free spot but 10 miles down the road it's occupied.

If you ever listen to BBC Radio 2 you'll know that when they do a station ident they always say "BBC Radio 2 on 88 to 91 FM."

That's because it's a national station but it can't just broadcast on one frequency due to other stations in other areas already occupying parts of that frequency band. In your area it may be on, say, 88.7MHz but 10 miles down the road it could be 89.6MHz.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Rule of thumb is the very lowest or highest frequency. So 87.5 or 108. I don't really have a problem with interference in Sheffield.

Ok thanks.  Does it have an inbuilt function to find an unused frequency,  or do you have to manually search for one yourself?

Out of the box it'll probably be 87.5 Just tune one of your radio presets to that. If 87.5 is no good just turn the dial anti clockwise to 108 and retune your radio. Quite simple really.

I also find the USB ports handy. One is a dedicated charging port.

To answer a call just press the button on your phone or the dial also acts as a button.

I use these in my cars too.

Only bad thing I've found with them is that the output volume level is a bit lacking. Which doesn't matter as long as you remember to lower the volume before going back to normal radio or disc.

I used to use one of those blue tooth to fm radio type devises in my transit van. It worked ok but those little blue tooth ear piece units are better.

One big advantage to the radio/bluetooth I had was that it blocked the signal from the vehicle tracker the company I work for had just fitted to all our vans...lol

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links