Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which IS300 "pack" to choose?

First post, so please be gentle!

Thinking of buying an IS300 and struggle a little with the various "packs" (Comfort, Executive, Premium, F-Sport). What I was hoping for was perhaps some pros/cons from existing owners? Maybe if they're sorry they chose 1 pack versus another? Any other advice or tips welcomed.

Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the IS300h Premier and i think it s the one to go for if you love high spec cars. My wife has the CT200h with Premier pack as well, we really love them both. 

For IS Premier you get standard the amazing Mark Levinson sound system, cooled and heated seats. Memory package for driver seat and i m not sure if the Blind Spot Assist is standard or optional. 

F Sport looks cooler but it comes with less optionals as standard and it has a sport suspension which i ve been told it s a bit stiffer. 

It s up to you what you want, I wouldn’t even consider the other packages other than Premier or F Sport 

Good luck and let us know what was your choice

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, Simulacra75 said:

First post, so please be gentle!

Thinking of buying an IS300 and struggle a little with the various "packs" (Comfort, Executive, Premium, F-Sport). What I was hoping for was perhaps some pros/cons from existing owners? Maybe if they're sorry they chose 1 pack versus another? Any other advice or tips welcomed.

Thank you 

Depends how much you like the gadgets and how much you are prepared to spend. Also the trim levels are rather confusing - it's not so much that each level up gets more kit, sometimes they get different kit and lose out on other kit... And there were some further options buyers could add to some trim levels (such as Premier Sat Nav and leather trim where it wasn't standard for example). If you are considering the specs above then I assume you are looking at used cars circa 2014 - 2016. In 2016 I bought a two year old 2014 IS 300h Executive which, for me, was the right balance of kit at the right price (it had different kit to the pricier Luxury but more useful for me - including SatNav and Leather which oddly was not on the Luxury as standard, though some buyers had added it). I've attached the IS 300h brochure from that era which may help you with what is included (and what was optional) on each of the trims you mentioned - however do note that Lexus changed what was in each trim level regularly and for example the Executive trim in 2017 (I think after the facelift model came out) lost the leather seats and became the base trim (Lexus dropped the previous base trim which was the SE trim)… If you go with Premier trim (the top level) then you do get the lot but they tend to carry quite a hefty premium, even used. Best advice is to check each car carefully as to what it has or has not got fitted and don't go completely by the what it might be labelled as since there is nothing on the cars to identify it.

Lexus IS.pdf

On 12/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, Michael IS said:

Give us*** 

Good choice you will enjoy it so much! I m curious how you like the suspension, they say it s a bit stiffer compared with a normal IS, but is it that stiff ? 

Having owned a 2014 version and driven later non f cars it isn't just the suspension but the f sport uses a denser seat foam which makes the ride firmer. Age influences model choice. If I were 30 f sport would be great but now I'm physically older the RX is more my bag (but I do drive 20,000 + miles a year). A very long test drive is the only way to check the ride suits your back. In my case 10 miles in an NX gave me back ache for several days, but my last 2015 RX was brilliant, and my recently purchased 2017 RX is the business. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Simulacra75 said:

Thanks for the feedback folks. Appreciate it. Have bitten the bullet and bought this car. If the planets align I should be collecting on Friday

20191211_095342.jpg

i have a 17 plate version its the same as yours F sport,metallic black paint , LED headlights with the black chromed wheels

the suspension is firm but not uncomfortable i damaged the ligaments in my lower back years ago and i haven't had

any back issues with the firm suspension in my 20 months of ownership.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has a 2018 F Sport and the ride is harder than the other models, but not as hard as my Westfield FW.

The F Sport gauges are much better but the red leather seats clinched the deal. Clearly aimed at our late 60’s age group.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links