Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Wheel Stone Chips

I seem to be picking up a lot of stone chips on the wheels of our GSF. I don’t think they have been refurbished and I do very little miles. Has anyone else experienced anything similar ?  
The worst one happened this morning. 

A2D3226B-4E96-4974-B37B-58BB0F002813.jpeg

I have what I call stone scrapes, where I get small or in one case a large black line through the wheel colour, but not back to the metal. Front left is particularly marked out of the 4 wheels. But I cover good mileage per week as it is my daily. The universe is conspiring against us...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I have what I call stone scrapes, where I get small or in one case a large black line through the wheel colour, but not back to the metal. Front left is particularly marked out of the 4 wheels. But I cover good mileage per week as it is my daily. The universe is conspiring against us...

Yes all of mine are black and luckily not through to the metal. This wheel is also my front left ! 
Sounds like the wheels are painted in a soft paint 😡. I may leave this then until I get more chips and have all the wheels refurbished in a more resilient paint.