Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to the forum

Luther the Lexus

Hi everyone,  I’m new to the forum but not to Lexus.  I used to own an RX400h which I loved and always regretted selling.  A Hyundai, Honda CRV, IQ and a Nissan qashqae later and I’m back!  😁 I’ve just purchased an 2016 RX450h luxury in pearl white.  I’m hopefully picking it up at the weekend and I’m like a kid in a sweet shop!  👍

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Luther the Lexus said:

Hi everyone,  I’m new to the forum but not to Lexus.  I used to own an RX400h which I loved and always regretted selling.  A Hyundai, Honda CRV, IQ and a Nissan qashqae later and I’m back!  😁 I’ve just purchased an 2016 RX450h luxury in pearl white.  I’m hopefully picking it up at the weekend and I’m like a kid in a sweet shop!  👍

Don't forget to post the pictures 📸

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the late reply, I haven’t been online for a while.  I have black leather interior.  I’m discovering stuff all the time, my friend has the premium 7 seater so have been comparing and getting lessons.  I’ve added a few gadgets!   

Certainly a lot to learn and I'm still finding things out after my first 2000 miles! 

I couldn't work out why the car moved slightly when I put it into park. especially as a loan car yesterday Didn't. 

Then I checked the online manual and realised that the auto parking brake was turned off. Duh. 

All good fun. 

Hi All,

12 months back I became a proud owner of Lexus IS 250 2009 reg. 

Previously driving Skodas Superb 09 and 65 red in Executive spec. 

Even though Lexus is smaller, I always wanted a V6 engine and in 2009 was considering Lexus, but .... it was too expensive. Love the car, but need to change all the plastics trim for windscreen and my daughter wants it repainted to Marlboro Red with some smocked chrome wheels. Currently silver. 

Great to be the part of the club.

Don't know if you've seen my post elsewhere, I got my dealer to print out the full history of my car.  While my car was on the forecourt for sale in October Lexus UK got the dealer to replace the fuel pump. Sounds like an issue they deal with in service rather than a recall. Wonder if your car has been subject of the same modification.?

That’s a great idea, I will contact Lexus reading and ask them to do the same.  Always good to know what’s been done on the car.  Are you getting your car serviced at Lexus or a local garage?  My service isn’t due for almost a year so have time to decide.  They want almost £1400 for one full and 2 intermediate services.  Seems quite a lot for just an oil and filter change and air/cabin filters on the full service.  I Know the guys who own my local garage and there excellent.  For the price Lexus want I could get all brakes done too!  Interested to hear your thoughts.  👍