Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi People

Duplicate of posting on Facebook site of Owners Club

I have extended Lexus Warranty on my GS450h. It is in Lexus dealership as it has an intermittent fault on the interior and puddle lights. Dealer has said that warranty covers repair but not the for diagnosis. I have checked the warranty schedule and don't agree with them. Any thoughts on the situation (not the fault)

As with many warranties the diagnosis is charged but is then 'absorbed' if it results in a successful claim. If the diagnosis points to a fault not covered then the charge stands. Seems reasonable TBH

5 hours ago, Sherra said:

Hi People

Duplicate of posting on Facebook site of Owners Club

I have extended Lexus Warranty on my GS450h. It is in Lexus dealership as it has an intermittent fault on the interior and puddle lights. Dealer has said that warranty covers repair but not the for diagnosis. I have checked the warranty schedule and don't agree with them. Any thoughts on the situation (not the fault)

Please show/tell us where on the schedule is the text which supports your view Paul.

Hi John

It was my interpretation following a quick read through of the exclusions, however the situation has now been resolved with no charges levied.  Following discussions and receiving their video to explain to me their findings which showed them to be working on the wrong side of the vehicle and totally, on the two occasions they have looked into this, they have ignored my personal findings and gone straight into stripping to wiring level. they finally today at my insistence checked the switch that I had told them was troublesome at the outset and found it to be faulty.  My Lexus Extended Warranty expires at the end of the month and I shall be visiting another dealership in the future!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherra said:

Hi John

It was my interpretation following a quick read through of the exclusions, however the situation has now been resolved with no charges levied.  Following discussions and receiving their video to explain to me their findings which showed them to be working on the wrong side of the vehicle and totally, on the two occasions they have looked into this, they have ignored my personal findings and gone straight into stripping to wiring level. they finally today at my insistence checked the switch that I had told them was troublesome at the outset and found it to be faulty.  My Lexus Extended Warranty expires at the end of the month and I shall be visiting another dealership in the future!!!!

Many thanks for the update Paul. It is good that the corrective work has been carried out under the Extended Warranty.

I could not fathom how the lights were the problem, it could only have been electrical which meant that it was covered by the Warranty.

Good news anyway.