Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300H vs GS450H - Advice needed

Get wheel balance checked - it's critical. Not sure why but tyres seem to last a long time on Lexus hybrids (Well, unless you ear'ole your GS450h!🙂)

I used to get about 25K miles from a set on my IS250. My GS300h has still got three original tyres at 39K miles - one is needing replacement soon but the other two originals have plenty of life left . I'm guessing one was destroyed by a puncture - it was replaced by a Lexus dealer at 30K miles. But it means there's a lot of time for slightly uneven wear to develop which can affect wheel balance - or even for a weight to be lost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johnatg said:

Get wheel balance checked - it's critical. Not sure why but tyres seem to last a long time on Lexus hybrids (Well, unless you ear'ole your GS450h!🙂)

I used to get about 25K miles from a set on my IS250. My GS300h has still got three original tyres at 39K miles - one is needing replacement soon but the other two originals have plenty of life left . I'm guessing one was destroyed by a puncture - it was replaced by a Lexus dealer at 30K miles. But it means there's a lot of time for slightly uneven wear to develop which can affect wheel balance - or even for a weight to be lost.

I agree with you. Get your wheel balance checked, as there should be no vibrations felt at this speed...