Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning the windscreen

Hi Guys, may I ask for your wisdom in explaining whether windscreen wipers should come on automatically when you activate the spray? I would have thought this is a given in any car of this era and yet my IS does not give me this. Is there a separate setting in the car that should be turned on?.. please forgive my ignorance here.. 🙂 Thanks in advance for any replies... 

If you quickly spray the screen and the wipers don’t activate, you have to do it manually which seems a bit odd.

If you hold the spray for a second or two then the wipers activate and sweep three or four times, they then wait a few seconds and do one more sweep

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Great! Tanks so much for the reply. I'll try this tonight 🙂 Much appreciated! So this would mean it goes one better than a BMW... there is no additional sweep after the first 3 in a Beemer... nice one 🙂 

Yes they should come on automatically as Jason has explained.

On the 430 a few seconds after the final sweep the wipers tuck themselves under the bonnet.

I would say the wipers should activate within 1-2 seconds of pressing the spray button - obviously if the don't come on at all then you have a fault.

On the BMWs - if you want auto wipers you have to physically press the auto button every time you use them as it resets when you turn the ignition off. On the 430 I rarely have to touch the wipers or lights button.

7 hours ago, Klakson said:

Hi Guys, may I ask for your wisdom in explaining whether windscreen wipers should come on automatically when you activate the spray? I would have thought this is a given in any car of this era and yet my IS does not give me this. Is there a separate setting in the car that should be turned on?.. please forgive my ignorance here.. 🙂 Thanks in advance for any replies... 

Is your Handbook silent on the issue B ?

Thanks guys... I did try the longer spray and lo and behold it works.... even got the 4th sweep after about 3-4 secs. TBH I did not consult the handbook Roy... ooops.. too lazy I guess. But thank you all!!! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links