Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust broke, check hybrid system related?

Upex

LWerewolf, what do you mean by atf not adjusted properly?

John, many thanks, good to know I wont crunch the box up as it were if shift her to the drive, thanks for confirming 😊

On 11/20/2019 at 11:44 PM, Lwerewolf said:

Transmission ATF fluid replacement (no it's not a belt-driven CVT) instructions here:

https://slideplayer.com/slide/14432904/

...it's for the ls600h but the transmission is almost the same. Realistically you might need around 5l if you drop the pan and also flush the oil cooler lines with compressed air.

This is what should be done. There was way too little ATF in my case - had to add at least 1.5l.

• 3 months later...

Thanks to all for the info, I've finally managed to get the pump back in and fluid in today, but she wont start now, pulling codes of:

P0A0D - high voltage system inter-lock circuit high

C1259 - HV control system regenerative malfunction

C1310 - HV system malfunction

Are these symptoms of me having broke/killed the pump, having not reconnected everything, or that having been stood for too long she's now got other issues? 

I did pull the HV connector/fuse thing in boot when started all this, but that was quite some months ago, but I'd still have expected her to run on petrol even if hybrid batteries flat (all cells show between 15.19v and 15.34v is that ok?)

Off to do some research, but if anyone has any ideas please do shout up as my insurance is up in 2 weeks and if I can't sort I may have to scrap. Which would be an utter shame as she's ace and I love her (apart from tiny boot 😂)

Thanks all and 🤞

Edit: could it be that in my tired and freezing state I've not put the HV isolater plug thingy in the boot back properly? Just watched a vid on Prius and that had to be closed and then slid across. I closed it but didn't slide it, do we have to on the gs or is that a Prius thing? 🤔

Edited by Upex
Perhaps me being an idiot

Hi,

Looking at the circuit diagram of your car and considering the Diagnostic Trouble Codes you have,  there are three interlocks before the engine starts. 

1. The service plug link must be closed, make sure the plug is in and pushed towards the arrow direction to lock into position to establish the interlock.

2.  The cover of the air conditioning inverter with the converter must be in position.

3. The air conditioning harness must be in position.

From your description, it would appear that the service plug interlock is not made, assuming the other two interlocks are made hence the lock out relay prevents the engine from starting, purely on safety issues.

The nominal voltage of each cell of the traction Battery is 7.2 volts. Normally, they are charged to about 8 to 8.5 volts. The engine should start when the service plug interlock has been established.

Kindest regards,

Chris.

Many thanks Chris, will try when home and 🤞 that's all it is 🤞

Re the voltage, if mine are showing 15v, but should be 8v, sounds bad to me 😬 and way beyond my knowledge to explain why could be so high after sitting unused - I'd have expected them to be low not high. Do I need to do anything/check anything?

Many thanks

20200321_165142.jpg

Well, i put the HV plug back in properly this time and she started 😊 been for a short drive and batteries charged back up and were working normally and the gear ratio change is smoother and faster than it ever was since I've had her, so 🤞 it's done the trick.

No dashboard errors flagged up after fitting the HV plug properly (push in, lock latch, push across 🙄), but I will put back on techstream to check for anything.

Thanks all, hopefully she's good to go now 🤞😊

Back to the tile, how the exhaust breaking caused the pump to bite the bullet, no idea, I'm saying pure coincidence, guess I'll never know 🙄

• Like 2

Hi,

The voltage monitoring of the traction Battery cells is per two cells connected in series.

Hence 14.4 is the nominal voltage of two cells in series. On this occasion, the traction battery had about 15v across each pair of two cells, therefore as it proved, it was ok to start the engine.

The traction Battery has 40 cells connected in series, each with a nominal voltage of 7.2 volts. The total Battery voltage is 288 volts.

Chris.

Thanks steve, it was a heck of a job, so fiddly and no room. Worst bit was trying to remove the bloody cable clips, had to cut and break some, so removing included cable ties to keep cables away from exhaust and steering shaft etc.

Having done this with just a small axle stand, I have renewed my desire for a lift, would have been so so much easier, but if she holds out and doesn't pop, I'm a happy chap.

Thanks for Battery info both, makes sense and I'm glad my batteries weren't goosed after a 3 month stand, very relieved indeed ☺