Newfie

New car, broken down already.

Sorry to hear of the drama Stuart, at least now you know the facts you can deal with it.

She should take some consolidation in the fact this happens every day across the country.  She isn't the first and won't be the last to make the same mistake.

Might be worth checking with her insurance in case the policy has misfuelling cover on it.  We would see this in work and sometimes the customers can claim some/all of the costs back as an insurance claim.  Could be an easy resolution for the sake of a phone call.  Really wouldn't like anyone to get hit with a 6k bill this close to Xmas! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jaystar77 said:

Sorry to hear of the drama Stuart, at least now you know the facts you can deal with it.

She should take some consolidation in the fact this happens every day across the country.  She isn't the first and won't be the last to make the same mistake.

Might be worth checking with her insurance in case the policy has misfuelling cover on it.  We would see this in work and sometimes the customers can claim some/all of the costs back as an insurance claim.  Could be an easy resolution for the sake of a phone call.  Really wouldn't like anyone to get hit with a 6k bill this close to Xmas! 

Thanks for your kind words Jay. I’ll mention it to her just in case. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is the last update.

The car is ready to be delivered back to her. The work done regardless off the options meant she lost the warranty on the fuel line side so the Lexus dealership have completed to work for just under £900 and she has to keep the fuel tank topped up and not to let the tank get below half for a min of 5 fills.

Personnally I can’t see an issue, if it was petrol in a diesel it would have been a disaster but with a good clean the car should be as it was when she picked it up.

I wonder if the title of the thread could be altered to something like diesel added by mistake to help searches if anyone else unfortunately does the same.

last word is the excellent service from the dealership throughout this. 

3 minutes ago, Newfie said:

she has to keep the fuel tank topped up and not to let the tank get below half for a min of 5 fills.

I wonder what the reasoning is for this?

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I wonder what the reasoning is for this?

As a guess they have tried to clean it out and have done their best flushing it and are just covering themselves. To be honest I can’t see why as any residue left would be so diluted it would make very little difference.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charlie Alder said:

Glad to hear you had excellent service from the dealership.

They have been super and very thoughtful throughout. 

• Like 1