Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 400 start when cold then stop as warm up

Jason rye

I help have Lexus LS 400 and it broke down two days ago I’ve changed the two camshaft sensors and  crank shaft sensor  it starts up but as it warms up it just stops and then no spark from coils  found wire to crankshaft sensor broken when I stripped it back there is a blue wire with a wire coming out of the middle with a wire insulating going round the outside it was the white wire that broke so I reconnected it but didn’t know what to do with the wire that runs round the outside of the wire bit like a television aerial  wire car starts but stops when warm need help as don’t know where to go from here  much appreciated 

6 hours ago, Jason rye said:

When Car first broke down it started misfiring and running really rough out of the blue but that has stopped now and when cold runs okay but as it gets warm it stops why I just don’t no help needed

Maybe get a diagnostic test to see if it shows any codes.  Temperature coolant sensor can also give the problems you've described, an inexpensive part.

Thanks for that  which one is that is is about 2or 3 on thereon their I’m luck Iv got one I’m  Breaking and I know that has a good engine on it so I can rob some bits of that engine to see if I can solve the problem but I just need to know which sensor it is to remove it But thank you for your help give me sumthink  Else to look at maybe it could be that let hope it is 

55 minutes ago, Jason rye said:

Thanks for that but I think that’s the wrong engine my one is the  first generation  1997 but still thanks for your help and good  intentions it’s much appreciated thanks 

If yours is a 97 then it's a third generation, possible a fourth.

Ok!!! Maybe it’s got the fog lights up next to the headlights if that helps.. O yes and it don’t start when it warm up just drops out and then no sparks from coils could it be the icknighters or temperature senser maybe 

8 hours ago, Jason rye said:

Ok!!! Maybe it’s got the fog lights up next to the headlights if that helps.. O yes and it don’t start when it warm up just drops out and then no sparks from coils could it be the icknighters or temperature senser maybe 

You really do need to get a diagnostic done, if that throws up any codes you've got something to go on, otherwise it's all guesswork. If you've got the one piece headlight you have a MK4 if not it's a MK3.

maxresdefault.jpg

images.jpeg

I looked at your profile and it says you have an IS200 so I put up that model, here is the LS400 diagram, the sensor is located under the plastic ignition wire bridge slightly back and to the left of the ignition coil.

55EE97EA-AF89-45DC-A846-DF2583AA4A08.png

Yes you’re right I do Have a IS 200 and and I have sum LS 400 x3 I found the  sensor but taking it out is another thing altogether I still haven’t worked out how to do it can’t get a spanner on it can’t get a socket on it without stripping half the engine out to get to it There’s a  Metal brackets in the way and that looks like it’s held on underneath the left rocker box looks like the  cam wheel  Has to come off to get this  bracket off but Iv had sum  advice and it could be the camshaft sensor wire  The  shielding on the wire may be the problem... I don’t no yet can’t get time to look at it till weekend need to get it sorted ASAP as need to use car it’s my  daily driver... 

Got a problem on another Is 200 it opens with the remote on the key but the key does not fit the door lock or boot lock and now the Battery has gone flat on car so key fob don’t work so  now I’m trying to work out how to get in to car can’t lift bonnet to put jump leads on  any ideas