Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus rx450 front headlight actuator problem

Hi

since i have bought the car in June it was driving me mad those Xenon headlights. all was fine apart what it was very dim.i thought what that is due to the Xenon bulbs being old.

however 🙈today i have taken out one of the headlights out and i could not find any Xenon bulbs for the headlight.and by searching i have removed lamp actuator.when i have reassembled all back my left headlight is lower then it should be.it still dips down-up and left right, but it’s in the much lower position then the right headlight.(second picture). 

i know, i should not have messed around it, but now i just need an advice from whoever has any experience in this🙄

many thanks in advance guys 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And how come there is no bulb?there is a ballast underneath, but once i have unscrewed it there was just three wires with clips.looks like those headlights are build differently then others.🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Will see.i have been quoted for both headlamps 1315ÂŁ without ecu which mounts under the headlights.but dealership said i can swap from old headlights.

i have ordered uses actuator from eBay.will see if that will help

I have sorted finally that problem.took headlight out again and adjusted beam manually with 8mm ratchet until it popped back into correct position.Lesson learned😂don’t touch in future that headlight motor🙄

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, Morkunas said:

Update...

i just find out at the dealer what those are LED not xenon headlights and there is no bulbs where you can replace them.

2009 RX450h with LEDs? When did Lexus start using LEDs?

If in fact they are Xenon then new bulbs will certainly be brighter. HIDs slowly degrade and by the time they fail the bulb will look back and you wonder how any light got out at all.