Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF - Lexus Belfast

Late 16, low mileage in a decent colour (call me the grey man)

https://belfast.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rc-F-Coupe/500-50-2dr-Auto-t7b7f4p

Is it just me or does that alloy look badly kerbed ? 

Anyone over there want to pop down and give the car a once over for me :wink:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Also looks like a serious mark on that rear headrest. 😕

Yes, good spot...no idea whats happened there. A forum member who lives locally has kindly offered to pop down and give it the once over.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:07 PM, doog442 said:

Late 16, low mileage in a decent colour (call me the grey man)

https://belfast.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Rc-F-Coupe/500-50-2dr-Auto-t7b7f4p

Is it just me or does that alloy look badly kerbed ? 

Anyone over there want to pop down and give the car a once over for me :wink:

I thought this may help....a friend owns a wheel and alloy refurbished outfit, been going about 15 years.

His personal view is that Diamond Cut alloys are the hell spawn of wheels.  I took my RCF into him when I bought it and his view was this.

If you are not selling it or looking to lever a buying point, buy it and then fully coat it. Or leave it the **** alone....charming said I

If you are going to sell or show it then get the wheel re skimmed using a NCR

His objection to DCW is that ever time you skim the face the web of the metal gets bigger and the wheel loses it overall appeal - or it may - who knows - until you commit to the cut.

His final bug bear is once you do the skim cut, the process lifts at a microsurface level the coating or paint between the diamond cut faces...therefore ever destined to flake or corrode.

Hid advice to me was fully coat it and when you come to sell it - them ill skim the face and take it back.....I asked about ceramic coating the wheel - would that help, Sam said yeah - help to empty your bank account!!!!!

So at the moment I am sitting on the kerbed alloys and occasionally painting it.....   

25 minutes ago, Richard Kenny said:

I thought this may help....a friend owns a wheel and alloy refurbished outfit, been going about 15 years.

His personal view is that Diamond Cut Alloys are the hell spawn of wheels.  I took my RCF into him when I bought it and his view was this.

If you are not selling it or looking to lever a buying point, buy it and then fully coat it. Or leave it the **** alone....charming said I

If you are going to sell or show it then get the wheel re skimmed using a NCR

His objection to DCW is that ever time you skim the face the web of the metal gets bigger and the wheel loses it overall appeal - or it may - who knows - until you commit to the cut.

His final bug bear is once you do the skim cut, the process lifts at a microsurface level the coating or paint between the diamond cut faces...therefore ever destined to flake or corrode.

Hid advice to me was fully coat it and when you come to sell it - them ill skim the face and take it back.....I asked about ceramic coating the wheel - would that help, Sam said yeah - help to empty your bank account!!!!!

So at the moment I am sitting on the kerbed alloys and occasionally painting it.....   

Cheers Richard..I also have the dreaded diamond cut wheels on my current car.

However the dealer has got back to me and said the blemish that appears on the pics is tyre paint that has leached onto the alloy. No big deal as I would simply ask for a replacement if it was damaged but it appears not. I thought I would square this up for the dealers sake. 

Additionally the rear seat Indentation is apparently a crease. There's nothing better than examining it in person but in this case sadly logistics will probably get the better of me in that regard.  

Just a quick heads up.

The car is advertised on Autotrader as having a Full Lexus history. Unfortunately It doesn't. :sad:

I never did get to see it in person but its been pointed out that the spoiler and hood vent have been wrapped in some kind of replica carbon stuff and this isn't stock - not a deal breaker I know. The rear headrest as pointed out by @Martin F isn't a crease as they originally said and will need further attention which I'm sure they will do. 

Unable to comment on the rest of the car due to flight prices

Despite pointing out to the dealer (after they had pointed out to me ) that this car doesn't have a full Lexus history its disappointing (but hardly surprising) that a Lexus main dealer is still advertising this car with a full history.

This car had one service in its first three years before it went back to Lexus, and that was five months late. Second year service never happened.  

IMG_20191129_214937.jpg

• Like 1