Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Panoramic Roof

Hi, I haven’t got one, but I’ve sat in both a mark 3 and mark 4 with panoramic roof and there’s probably two inches spare and I’m 5feet 8... but I’m not sure if the seat was all the way up or down so someone else might be able to tell you better .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Mindthegap said:

Thanks for the quick replies, sounds good! Am I right in thinking that the panoramic roof doesn't open bit is just to allow more light in with the cover back? Thanks

Just lets light in There is plenty of headroom when it's closed. Car is much quieter in the closed position 

I think I've opened mine about a dozen times, mainly to amuse my little granddaughter 👸

It opens partially over front seats only, and there are two fixed positions even if it's possible to have any intermediate position from closed to full open.

Sorry but it's easier to see how it works than to explain; 1st position is just slightly inclined to let air flow from rear spot, 2nd position is with front window open on your head.

On back seats you have only glass window but not moving. 

If you don't want all that light it's possible to let flow electric tent. All commands are electric, very simple to have the tilt position pressing the center of open/close switch. If you operate opening command with closed tent it opens automatically, while if tent is retracted you need to press tent switch to close it, keeping for more than 2 seconds switches they open or close totally, keeping them less you can select intermediate positions.

• 3 months later...

Trying to decide wether to go for a 450 with panoramic roof or not.. I have a sunroof in my RX 400 , but use it infrequently, but wondering if I’d miss having a glass roof.. decisions, eh ?

3 hours ago, ISJason said:

Trying to decide wether to go for a 450 with panoramic roof or not.. I have a sunroof in my RX 400 , but use it infrequently, but wondering if I’d miss having a glass roof.. decisions, eh ?

The panoramic roof on the series 3 is a fixed affair, unlike the later gen 4 cars 

When I was shopping for my RX, I seem to remember I found the panoramic roof had a bigger impact on rear headroom than a standard sunroof, on a 2009-2015 450h

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

We have a 2012 Advance with Pan Roof, I'm 6'3" zero headroom issues, we never close ours, but did have an issue with it leaking, offside front corner.  Fixed by squirting black silicone between the windscreen and roof, I read on the US forums a few people have had leaks.

If we were to buy again would have gone sunroof.

I posted the original message and went to look at an advance but could not sit up straight due to the restricted headroom from the Pano roof. I am 6 foot 4 but think I have a long torso. Now got a luxury without and all good. To be honest, it's one less thing to go wrong as I intend on keeping the car for the next few years

Yes, seat definitely at the lowest level and could not sit up straight. Have now got a 2013 luxury in mercury grey with light grey leather interior. 66k miles when bought in December and full Lexus history. Was a bit concerned about the light grey leather as have 2 young kids but it is holding up perfectly. Very pleased with the car! I would take a photo but it seems to have been raining here for the last 3 months!

• 3 years later...

Can confirm, just tes drove a 450H 2012. Im 6'2". Less head room in the SE-L version. I have seat to highest setting as I like to see more of the road. Couldn't do it without bumping head so had to lower seat and less visibility. Looking at sunroof or solid options only now. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links