Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus dealer closing

Dealkent

Just heard today my nearest Lexus dealer in Canterbury, which serves the whole of East Kent , will be closing next year . 

Apparently Lexus is expanding and has outgrown the premises , so their solution is to close the dealership down . Really not happy about this , will not be driving for an hour to nearest dealer . 

So they're expanding, outgrown the current premises you say? Surely they would be moving to or building bigger showrooms nearby to serve this expanded clientele?

That said, how often does one visit the dealership? Once a year for servicing? I'd be happy enough to drive the hour. 

Lexus Canterbury may be closing ( sad but if they can't sell new cars sensibly anymore ! )  but the Toyota main dealer about 200yds along the road, from my personal experience, is 100% superb for us Lexus owners

Malc

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Malc said:

Lexus Canterbury may be closing ( sad but if they can't sell new cars sensibly anymore ! )  but the Toyota main dealer about 200yds along the road, from my personal experience, is 100% superb for us Lexus owners

Malc

I was told as a Lexus customer I would be able to use the Toyota dealership for servicing etc . Annoying thing about this is , costs for servicing A Lexus or Toyota are different, but done in the same place , maybe by the same people ? . Might be looking for new car next year , so Now expected to drive over an hour to Maidstone. I really think they could continue with what they have in Canterbury, find it hard to believe they have “ outgrown the premises “ . 

On 6/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, Inazone said:

On 7/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, jackcramerr said:

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

So they're expanding, outgrown the current premises you say? Surely they would be moving to or building bigger showrooms nearby to serve this expanded clientele?

That said, how often does one visit the dealership? Once a year for servicing? I'd be happy enough to drive the hour. 

Visit once for service , another time for MOT , often have to go back for Hybrid check . Always 3 times a year , and this year because I had new tyres fitted which were problematic I had to go back another 3 times . If I’m going to be doing all this at the Toyota garage I might as well buy a cheaper Toyota car AND get 5 years warranty!! 

I'd imagine that always the servicing etc was carried out at the Toyota garage, I don't remember ever seeing anything remotely looking like service bays being used etc at the Lexus showroom

just a little info ................. 

The fact that Barretts along the road have started to spend huge amounts of cash on redeveloping all their sites along that road, including the Mini site too which they own, Honda too and having a huge amount of spare cash ( I believe ) from the sensible sale of their owned Jaguar Canterbury City Centre site at the Westgate Towers which has in some measure already been developed into not inexpensive housing, by themselves probably and not a usual housebuilder

Mr Barrett is /was if he's passed, a very astute and clever " car " man over very many decades and owning probably some fine and fair size chunks of Canterbury .... including I would think along the road where Lexus is now departing ( maybe he owns the freehold of their site too ! )

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links