Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Alloys and Bridgestone Weather Control A005 - 255/50 R19

Hi Guys,

Its been a little while since I have last posted anything about my LS. I recently bought a set of winter wheels and tyres. I thought I would share some photos with you as I am quite pleased with the look and especially the handling/comfort. I have also added a snap of a Celica I picked up as a project car for my son and I to work on. I hope you are all keeping warm and dry this season!

IMG_20191113_144747.jpg

IMG_20191113_144805.jpg

IMG_20191113_144826.jpg

IMG_20191113_144851.jpg

IMG_20191117_112758.jpg

• Like 1

The weather has been awful. I use the Ls for the school run so decided on the all-weather tyres. My wife has Michelin cross climates which are good but the Bridgestones are cheaper and just as effective. 

3 hours ago, JeffL said:

Very smart 460, looks beautiful! Same age and colour combination as my GS300 at 73K miles. How many miles has your 460 done?

Hi, Jeff and thank you. I do like the GS300s especially in dark metallic blue and silver. The car has covered about 126K. The paint has a lot of swirl marks which I have been slowly removing . The drivers seat is worn and needs refurbishment and there is wind noise from the driver and passenger wing mirrors. So it needs some work but I love the idea taking the time to bring it back to it's best. I always admired Lexus' cars but only now having lived with one understand why nothing else will do. 

1 hour ago, S1MNN said:

Hi, Jeff and thank you. I do like the GS300s especially in dark metallic blue and silver. The car has covered about 126K. The paint has a lot of swirl marks which I have been slowly removing . The drivers seat is worn and needs refurbishment and there is wind noise from the driver and passenger wing mirrors. So it needs some work but I love the idea taking the time to bring it back to it's best. I always admired Lexus' cars but only now having lived with one understand why nothing else will do. 

You, probably, know this; but there is a 'fix' for the wind noise problem:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/506217-instructions-for-the-jmcraney-wind-noise-fix.html

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tulpen said:

You, probably, know this; but there is a 'fix' for the wind noise problem:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/506217-instructions-for-the-jmcraney-wind-noise-fix.html

HI, Brian I had a go at the fix but the problem persists. I want to buy the facelift covers and see if they help. 

On 11/20/2019 at 2:35 PM, Cotswold Pete said:

Nice looking 460.

Had a bit of snow down this neck of woods last week, thank heavens for VSC, and recently fitted new tyres (not winter ones though - as when it gets that bad, i stay at home)

I’m with you on that. I thought about all season tyres, when I need to change, but then thought when it gets that bad I stay home.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off-topic I just wanted to share progress on the Celica Mk7 project I hope that is ok?

Changed the clutch

Lowered with Eibach Springs

Changed the oxidised headlights

Changed the boot struts and retired the broomstick from boot opening duties

Plastidipped the corroded wheels while new ones are on their way

Added decals - striped from doormirror back to the rear lights and on the bonnet (they are coloured to match the new wheels)

Fitted a front spoiler.

Items booked in before Christmas'19:

New Head unit with Android auto and a reverse camera

New rear exhaust - Quad

IMG-20191207-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0020.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0024.jpeg

IMG-20191207-WA0026.jpeg

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Very nice!  I've always liked the Celica. And the wheels on the LS really work.

Thanks, Phil I am really enjoying working on both of the cars 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys I had a moment last night and brought a new car home! The seller asked if I was in the Doghouse. I replied that I live with one paw in and one paw out! :xmas_tongue:

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-21 at 23.41.13.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

So you've got your own fleet now, that's a lot of road tax between the three, or is there a fourth lurking somewhere!

I wish there was but I will quit while I'm ahead 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S1MNN said:

I will quit while I'm ahead

hahahahaha, I've never known us to really be ahead of our partners, even tho we may think momentarily we are :no2:

Malc

• Like 1

All the fuss made about the design of alloy wheels usually leaves me cold but those gold rims on the black Celica are worth the effort.

Would appreciate a report on the Michelin Cross Climates which I should have on my RX350 for this winter but I failed to find an offer on price which matched previous years. If I end up in a ditch because too mean to fork out for decent boots I will have a smile on my face.

3 hours ago, GrahamG said:

All the fuss made about the design of alloy wheels usually leaves me cold but those gold rims on the black Celica are worth the effort.

Would appreciate a report on the Michelin Cross Climates which I should have on my RX350 for this winter but I failed to find an offer on price which matched previous years. If I end up in a ditch because too mean to fork out for decent boots I will have a smile on my face.

Michelin cross climates are on my wife's Volvo XC90 which have been excellent - hence using them on the Celica which has really made the car confidence inspiring. However I, would recommend Bridgestone Weather Control as on the LS as they are even better in the wet and a lot cheaper than the Michelin tyres. Blackcircles have been cheap and even Kwikfit were good on the Celica as they had an offer on. I'm yet to decide what to go for on the MR2.