Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf new owner

9 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Definitely,was a bit sceptical at first as tein havnt got the best record but after a lot of reseach and finding a few ISFs in japan fitted with the same i read their experience and finally bit the bullet.

Any pix of the mini

always loved them.

I had Tein fitted to my track/road going RX7 years and years ago and never had a problem with them in all the time I had the car.

Here are some photos of the Minivan , it's had a re-map, K&N filter conversion, Tein EDFC coilovers, Yellow Racing big brake kit all round and Rota wheels with PS4 tyres and extended arches.

When I first bought it the ride was 'entertaining' but a bit tiresome once you didn't want to blast around. As soon as I heard that Tein did an active system suitable for it I bought it straight away and had it fitted. What I like about the system is you can set it around medium then if you get a move on it tightens up nicely. Before Tein it was a local runaround after Tein it was more than comfortable enough for longer journeys.

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I had Tein fitted to my track/road going RX7 years and years ago and never had a problem with them in all the time I had the car.

Here are some photos of the Minivan , it's had a re-map, K&N filter conversion, Tein EDFC coilovers, Yellow Racing big brake kit all round and Rota wheels with PS4 tyres and extended arches.

When I first bought it the ride was 'entertaining' but a bit tiresome once you didn't want to blast around. As soon as I heard that Tein did an active system suitable for it I bought it straight away and had it fitted. What I like about the system is you can set it around medium then if you get a move on it tightens up nicely. Before Tein it was a local runaround after Tein it was more than comfortable enough for longer journeys.

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

I’m not normally a fan of Mini’s, but there is something very cool about that. What engine does it have? Sorry to hijack your thread @Cactus

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

Youve got great taste! Always wanted one with the cosmo engine fitted.

Mini looks cool liking the colour a lot.

Thanks, loved the RX7 it went like a rocket 385 bhp on twin turbos not a single. The Mini is the colour of old police cars.

DSC00314.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Thanks, loved the RX7 it went like a rocket 385 bhp on twin turbos not a single. The Mini is the colour of old police cars.

Yea now you mention it,it reminds me of the cars on heartbeat.

Rx7 looks clean i want one even more now,how long did you have it?

43 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

Yea now you mention it,it reminds me of the cars on heartbeat.

Rx7 looks clean i want one even more now,how long did you have it?

About a year (as usual) great fun on track, engine rebuilds are a fact of life but an opportunity to upgrade power.

Sorry for the thread hijack Cactus but when I start on about some of the cars I've owned there's no stopping me.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

About a year (as usual) great fun on track, engine rebuilds are a fact of life but an opportunity to upgrade power.

Sorry for the thread hijack Cactus but when I start on about some of the cars I've owned there's no stopping me.

Cool,may have to get a bit of advice from you in the future if i find a nice 1

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:28 AM, B1RMA said:

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

Couple of photos of my old mini 😉👍🏻

440F458A-4891-4D9A-9044-199FAC72CC8D.jpeg

C60123AB-61E7-472C-B598-5C63050F3195.jpeg

• Like 2

The weather has been pretty miserable the past week. This car certain has transformed my gloomy morning nursery and grocery run ☺️ 

For some reason, after having it for a week i now find the suspension quite acceptable now. Not sure if this is because I am sitting higher up... anyway next thing should be a new set of tyres and some body work. 

Of note, there is now a very well priced 2013 grey ISF in Swindon Lexus for those who is still in the market. 

F757D878-45BA-4B4B-BD2D-C661B7450141.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Of note, there is now a very well priced 2013 grey ISF in Swindon Lexus for those who is still in the market. 

F757D878-45BA-4B4B-BD2D-C661B7450141.jpeg

Nice colour 👍 -  The Swindon car is Silver and in my opinion is too expensive, thats into 2015 RCF money with fewer miles 

@Charliecloud I contemplated for a long time between the RCF and the ISF. I ended up paying for an ISF that is very closely priced to a 15 plate RCF. No regret.

I agree, the RCF is better value in the present market. Though for some reason (i know many will disagree), i find the ISF more appealing from the appearance points of view and it feels more “raw” and sleeper-like. Also when i looked at the RCF, it feels quite bulky whereas the ISF is a rather slim/compact car in comparison. The other thing is that there are very few ISF around, I dun want to waste any more time waiting for the perfect one that ticks all the box. Life is too short for this in my opinion, and who knows when they will ban high emission car in Newcastle (as they already introducing charges for buses and taxi up here in 2020). 

But yea, i am sure some people will find my purchase illogical/irrational. 

If i understand you correctly, you are looking for a white isf with sunroof that is 2010+ and is less than 20k in price? 

• Like 4

Looks like a really nice example @Cactus.   I expect every journey is now  an event! 
I would be happy with your car over an RCF If I was in the market, as I need 4 doors.  Was it a private purchase?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cactus said:

@F.A. lexus liverpool. Yea i need four doors too with two kids. 

I do look forward to every journey. Just hope it stops raining... literally non-stop past 2 weeks. Zzz

Same decision making prices on mine too. Neededfoor doors, didn't want an M3 or a C63, and most importantly, Ilike my cars on my driveway and not on a ramp with a technician telling me it'll be a grand to fix it. 

A very easy choice. 

You'll love it once it stops raining up there...... So like, March or something 😭😭

@NothernDan can’t agree more. Reliability means alot to me.

Northeast and rain zzz. That is why i am thinking to get Vredsteine tyres as it appears on review that they do better in the wet braking category than the MPSS. 

Btw, where did you source your front lip and rear diffuser? There aren’t very many options on eBay etc. Only ones i can find is either sourcing them directly from japan or USA (wald/toms)/ but with hefty shipping rates..

Anyway thoughts on yellow fog light?

23B8877C-407B-4945-9B8C-BB8893E12018.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

@NothernDan can’t agree more. Reliability means alot to me.

Northeast and rain zzz. That is why i am thinking to get Vredsteine tyres as it appears on review that they do better in the wet braking category than the MPSS. 

Btw, where did you source your front lip and rear diffuser? There aren’t very many options on ebay etc. Only ones i can find is either sourcing them directly from japan or USA (wald/toms)/ but with hefty shipping rates..

Anyway thoughts on yellow fog light?

23B8877C-407B-4945-9B8C-BB8893E12018.jpeg

Soooo.... 

Rear diffuser is a genuine Tom's one sourced from eBay but from a UK seller who bought it but then wanted a Wald one so sold it on. Paid pretty much full RRP but minus shipping and import costs. 

Front lip is an eBay job (Lexon copy I think) direct from either Japan or the states, can't remember which. Its the lowest profile one I could find. Given my ride height is so low and its likely to end up shredded I didn't want to pay Tom's or Novel money. Was about £250 plus £50 shipping then about £60 or so import tax. 

Love the yellow fogs! One of my last mods too!! 

If you are on Insta you'll find a load more pics of mine on there as I've made the various mods (@isf_dan).

Looking forward to seeing your updates. 

I live down south now but proper home is Carlisle so I'll let you know next time I'm back up with the car. Just a quick blast along the A69 to head over your way!! 

16 hours ago, Cactus said:

where did you source your front lip and rear diffuser?

Ive got a toms replica i never fitted due to a small crack and finding a genuine toms set in Glasgow could be repaired relatively cheap with a 3d carbon wrap pm me if your interested 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, Cactus said:

For some reason, after having it for a week i now find the suspension quite acceptable now. Not sure if this is because I am sitting higher up... anyway next thing should be a new set of tyres and some body work. 

Its not as harsh as certain reviews made out some went way over the top,its definitely livable but you won't regret an upgrade either.

30 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

Its not as harsh as certain reviews made out some went way over the top,its definitely livable but you won't regret an upgrade either.

I will look again in the summer time. Work hard and make some bucks in the meantime. But yea i think the kwv3 looks like the best bet. I did also look at the Tein, HKS hypermax and ohlins. I believe the ohlins is up there in terms of performance and price. 

or may be i should venture airlift lol

barry

@NothernDan thanks. I shall keep a look out on eBay

Ah Carlisle, i used to work there near the mcVities biscuit factory when the new big Sainsbury hasnt opened yet. 
yes the a69, my memory of it is the speed camera near the Shell petrol station ....... enuf said

yes do visit and share your isf wisdom

Barry

9 hours ago, Cactus said:

I will look again in the summer time. Work hard and make some bucks in the meantime. But yea i think the kwv3 looks like the best bet. I did also look at the Tein, HKS hypermax and ohlins. I believe the ohlins is up there in terms of performance and price. 

or may be i should venture airlift lol

barry

You'll never look back!! 

Ohlins plus custom valving (Figs from the US) plus shipping plus fitting isn't far off what I paid for the airlift. Made the decision easy for me. Plus the fact that airlift is cool as f###!! 😉

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, the red isf was reserved and is now back on the market again.

anyhow, i am enjoying my f. Bought a christmas present upgrade for the f 🙂 cant wait