Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice please?

Lisa

Hi All. I’m after some opinions. I have a 400 h 2007 and w Want to upgrade it  
i’d need to spend maybe £15,000 to get one as new as I would like. However my husband thinks that I should spend maybe two grand and upgrade the one that I have ; get an adapter installed to play Iphone, get it wrapped or respayed. It’s a brilliant car and there’s only had to have a new headlight through condensation from the years I’ve owned it. 
it’s on a private plate but it’s still a 400 not a 450 what do you think I should do???

Hello Lisa and welcome to the LOC.

Having owned my LS400 for over 13 years now I have occasionally thought about buying a newer model but like you I have never had a major problem with the car, it keeps passing the MOT and spends most of its time in the garage so I can’t justify buying another to do the same.

The front leather seats need attention so I will spend some money getting these done knowing the rest of the car is solid and reliable.

At the end of the day it’s going to be your personal decision but I’m sticking with mine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a difficult decision as the 450 is newer and looks nicer. It really comes down to your personal circumstance and financial position. 

Whether u have to finance the 15k or how much mortgage u guys have or not. Everyone is in different situations, I'm not in my 20's anymore so having the newest car is not a priority. I would choose to reduce the mortgage as much as possible so I can finish it quicker and pay less interest, then further down the line get a newer car. It all depend on personal circumstance. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the same boat. I have RX300 and was thinking if I should update it to 450h or not. I have decided against it and the RX300 is running fine for now. Have decided to go with a saloon car like LS600h or the GS250  when it is time to change.