Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving the F fold, what was next?

On 12/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Comedian said:

🤘

Out of interest, where'd they all go?

FlyTvr - Mercedes C63 (205)   fair enough

Yeh, definitely the wisest move out of those listed 😊 Plenty fast enough despite having less power than the RC-F.

@Rusty Crobar - Seat Cupra   OMG what a chav 

Chav..... hmmmm. Not sure you'd see which way he went on a twisty road in your blue Calibra Sean 😉

@emjay82 - GT86 - Peugeot     Fanny

Peugeot - going from strength to strength!!

@Warrington guy - BMW M4   Good choice

M4...... just can't deal with the synthetic engine noise.

@Big Rat - Lexus RX450h   Miss you grandad

He's doing alright! 🙂

Where'd the rest of the x F car owners go?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, Flytvr said:

Out of interest, where'd they all go?

FlyTvr - Mercedes C63 (205)   fair enough

Yeh, definitely the wisest move out of those listed 😊 Plenty fast enough despite having less power than the RC-F.

Chav..... hmmmm. Not sure you'd see which way he went on a twisty road in your blue Calibra Sean 😉

@emjay82 - GT86 - Peugeot     Fanny

Peugeot - going from strength to strength!!

@Warrington guy - BMW M4   Good choice

M4...... just can't deal with the synthetic engine noise.

@Big Rat - Lexus RX450h   Miss you grandad

He's doing alright! 🙂

Where'd the rest of the x F car owners go?

Had a wobble recently n was considering a Range Rover sport 5ltr HSE autobiography........have decided to say with the F and buy the RR when they come down and still keep the F as I know the RR is a fad 😬

Got my eye on a RS5 sportback next, just need someone to take the 20k initial hit for me on one and look after it for 18 months or so. Still I will find it difficulty to part with my F, the combination or reliability, rarity, performance and stealth cant be matched.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, Womble72 said:

Had a wobble recently n was considering a Range Rover sport 5ltr HSE autobiography........have decided to say with the F and buy the RR when they come down and still keep the F as I know the RR is a fad 😬

You’ve been waffling on about a Range Rover for years! Would it be a pink one?

😂😜

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, Flytvr said:

You're probably correct :sadwalk:  I suspect same would apply to a lovely 86 too. A Nissan Leaf had me the other day :lol:

I spoke to Ratty at Christmas, hope to get together in spring. Maybe he'd come to the meet in spring if it happens?

21 hours ago, Comedian said:

You're probably correct :sadwalk:  I suspect same would apply to a lovely 86 too. A Nissan Leaf had me the other day :lol:

I spoke to Ratty at Christmas, hope to get together in spring. Maybe he'd come to the meet in spring if it happens?

I got done in by an Audi TT the other day. The 63 is comedy in the wet......or dry. It just sits there and spins up the rears whilst the rest of the world drives by. In comparison, the RC-F was the most competent wet weather RWD I've ever driven.

Any RC-F driver that can't nail a 63 off the lights should trade in the RC-F and get a bicycle. RC-F traction off the line is epic.

I was chatting with the Ratster just yesterday. Yes, Spring meet would be good. 😀

4 hours ago, d3ron said:

Previous owner of my ISF had a C63 previously that was stolen.

He also mentioned how sorted the ISF was in comparison in the wet off the line. 

Especially if it was a C204

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Just driver error..

But one needs a full English first, to sharpen the reflexes .,..

Or just get a Hybrid. Zero chance of wheel spin there 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Womble72 said:

The misses has a hybrid it’s called a balanced lifestyle 😉...and it does wheel spin 😉

Does it wheel spin when she drives it or when you drive it? 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Does it wheel spin when she drives it or when you drive it? 😉

Dav, correct, .......it also always needs petrol every time I use it too 🤔......I know actually refuse to use it on this principle 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Or just get a Hybrid. Zero chance of wheel spin there 😂

You'd think so but it's really quite easy! As easy as my CLS55 and there's less nannying electronic intervention..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You'd think so but it's really quite easy! As easy as my CLS55 and there's less nannying electronic intervention..

You want to be careful. Wheel spin teamed with that heavy watch of your’s, and you’ll be power sliding down the road 😜 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I got done in by an Audi TT the other day. The 63 is comedy in the wet......or dry. It just sits there and spins up the rears whilst the rest of the world drives by. In comparison, the RC-F was the most competent wet weather RWD I've ever driven.

Any RC-F driver that can't nail a 63 off the lights should trade in the RC-F and get a bicycle. RC-F traction off the line is epic.

I was chatting with the Ratster just yesterday. Yes, Spring meet would be good. 😀

carwow just did one of those drag race things and the merc 4 wheel system kept failing on mr amg's car. Beaten by a Tesla SUV :nugget:

RCF is great in the wet as we found in Wales. Ask M4 Dave (see funny video) - great for novice drivers, which I think the engineer actually said was a consideration in designing.

16 hours ago, Comedian said:

carwow just did one of those drag race things and the merc 4 wheel system kept failing on mr amg's car. Beaten by a Tesla SUV :nugget:

RCF is great in the wet as we found in Wales. Ask M4 Dave (see funny video) - great for novice drivers, which I think the engineer actually said was a consideration in designing.

Heh Sean, I still recall the conversation we had discussing how well the cars handled in those torrential conditions. No understeer and very much balanced.

I've experienced the M4, owned an RC-F (the rare carbon edition 😉) and now done even more mileage in the 63. Hand on heart, in my hands the RC-F is the more competent car balls out. Maybe in Chris Harris' hands it would be different!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Flytvr said:

Maybe in Chris Harris' hands it would be different!

This is a very important, and often overlooked, point. 

If only the YouTube comments section was so reasonable 🤣

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

That's her. You can see her having her Police delivery inspection below - 

rcf.jpg

Further investigations relating to the dodgy owner are my first thoughts on that photo