Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving the F fold, what was next?

981 Porsche Cayman S. Nothing wrong with the ISF, the Porsche opportunity came along unexpectedly and I'd always fancied one. It's a shame I couldn't have run both, but that idea didn't float well at home. 

I already know that I want to return to a Lexus F car once I need slightly more practicality again (rear seats). 

Who was the chap who went for an FK8 Civic Type R from an ISF?
Having turned 40 a couple of months ago, I fancy making the same change next year as having a midlife boy racer crisis [emoji6]
Those type r are little rocket ships and with the adjustable suspension also refined when needed. Son in law has the previous version and now I'm getting a bit older I couldn't deal with the hard ride. Did have a ep3 type r back in the day but couldn't go back to it now.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RX450h too and then an RCF too

I have just seen the pictures of the newly released LC500 convertible (which is an F-car, I think) and I am smitten 😍 - if I start saving my pennies, then I may be able to get a 2nd hand one for my 50th (which is a long way off) 

14 minutes ago, leelacey17 said:

Those type r are little rocket ships and with the adjustable suspension also refined when needed. Son in law has the previous version and now I'm getting a bit older I couldn't deal with the hard ride. Did have a ep3 type r back in the day but couldn't go back to it now.

I test drove an FK2 when it came out and loved it.  Wife deployed the fun anchor and told me I couldn't spend 33k on a Honda.  I do love the FK8 even though the looks decide opinion somewhat.

I have had 2 x DC2 Integra Type R's, a DC5 Type R and an S2000.  Bit of a Honda fanboy really 🙂

In the end, reverse psychology meant me proposing spending approx. 20k on an ISF ended with her stating that was much more reasonable 😉

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Who was the chap who went for an FK8 Civic Type R from an ISF?

Having turned 40 a couple of months ago, I fancy making the same change next year as having a midlife boy racer crisis 😉

I had a MK1-MR2 as mid life crisis when 40, had it for 6yrs, now 47 I’ve the ISF, a Volvo C70 convertible (which I love 😂) and a Kawasaki Z1000-sx Mgf ABS, my 21yr old son has a ep3 type-R which I have use of too.......MR2 although not fast was a great car in every way. Was sorry to let it go but the insignificant other was busting my fellas about them all. 🙄......oh n I’ve still got my 69-mini 👍🏻

• Like 1

Very interesting topic. Looking forward to seeing what other people have left for. 

Only just joined the fold too, after waiting for along time and I don’t think I will be leaving until the calling of an electric car is  mandatory, which I hope is a long time. 

I’ve  always liked the ek9, ep3 and FD2 Type R’s. My first car was a 3dr  Civic VTiS but as I was a student for so long I was never able to make the change to an R.  As much as I like the idea of the latest Type R, the styling is just way over the top for my liking so I think I’ve missed the boat!  

• Like 1

I test drove an FK2 when it came out and loved it.  Wife deployed the fun anchor and told me I couldn't spend 33k on a Honda.  I do love the FK8 even though the looks decide opinion somewhat.
I have had 2 x DC2 Integra Type R's, a DC5 Type R and an S2000.  Bit of a Honda fanboy really [emoji846]
In the end, reverse psychology meant me proposing spending approx. 20k on an ISF ended with her stating that was much more reasonable [emoji6]
I love a honda absolutely bulletproof. The fk2 is nice and rapid just feels a bit too hard core and I needed an estate so couldn't go back to something like that.

Very interesting topic. Looking forward to seeing what other people have left for. 

Only just joined the fold too, after waiting for along time and I don’t think I will be leaving until the calling of an electric car is  mandatory, which I hope is a long time. 

I’ve  always liked the ek9, ep3 and FD2 Type R’s. My first car was a 3dr  Civic VTiS but as I was a student for so long I was never able to make the change to an R.  As much as I like the idea of the latest Type R, the styling is just way over the top for my liking so I think I’ve missed the boat!  
Had a 1998 R reg civic vti-s but the 5 door in pirates black. Amazing car as I was early twenties and wanted something different to the standard hot hatch. Limited slip diff was good fun.

• Like 1

I had my isf for 6 years, got a gsf, 2 years ago, my 50th in a few months and just got a lotus exige. My wife wont go in it and I must admit it's a bit more challenging to use than the gsf. Transit for winter and daily use.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

a DC5 Type R

be interested in your thoughts about these, i've been adding a lot to my watch list on eBay, quite fancy one for some weekend fun and to give the GSF some mileage breaks, but I actually have no idea what im looking for/ at 😄

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

be interested in your thoughts about these, i've been adding a lot to my watch list on ebay, quite fancy one for some weekend fun and to give the GSF some mileage breaks, but I actually have no idea what im looking for/ at 😄

I’ve had three DC5s and still own a FD2R which are In hibernation, what do you want to know. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

be interested in your thoughts about these, i've been adding a lot to my watch list on ebay, quite fancy one for some weekend fun and to give the GSF some mileage breaks, but I actually have no idea what im looking for/ at 😄

I preferred the DC2's for out and out rawness.  They really are track cars on the road and weigh in at approx. 1100kg.  Problem is the good ones are rocketing in price. The bad ones are rusting away.

The DC5 felt a lot more grown up and looks a lot nicer but never felt as special.  Share a load of mechanicals with the EP3 Type R so spare parts never an issue either.

@AlanS - not sure if you have had a chance to compare a 2 to a 5.  Having 3 DC5's though.  Fair play.

• Like 1

I’ve never driven a DC2 to compare but can confidently say the FD2 is probably the most hardcore ‘practical’ road car out there, the wife absolutely hates the car due to the extreme stock suspension setup lol.

5FD3310E-8326-4335-9B8C-D30B3BBB3756.jpeg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AlanS said:

I’ve had three DC5s and still own a FD2R which are In hibernation, what do you want to know. 😉

DC2 seemed too boy racer for me (despite still being in my 20's, haha), although I would probs drive that and a DC5 and see what gets me tingling 😛, any major problems I should be aware of/ things to look out for? Feel free to pm me, appreciate your time 😄

On 11/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, Dave400SE said:

RX450h too and then an RCF too

I have just seen the pictures of the newly released LC500 convertible (which is an F-car, I think) and I am smitten 😍 - if I start saving my pennies, then I may be able to get a 2nd hand one for my 50th (which is a long way off) 

The LC500 isn't an F car, even though it has a 5 litre engine. 

I'd have one after my F if they got to a nice price point. They're gorgeous, and the convertible is beautiful. 

The one car that no one's mentioned yet which I'll be watching closely is the new Corvette. Be interesting to see what price point it arrives at.