Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tempted but decided against

Was going to purchase a Celsior import LS 430 with 37000 miles on but decided to keep my LS400. I have had same for a year trouble free really and apart from getting car back up to its mechanical and original looking best it has run perfectly. I now intend to hang on to same for some years to come. I hope to keep it running for perhaps another 5 to 10 years, it is 21 years old now with a paltry 82000 miles on the clock. Will it ever become a classic ?  IMHO it should as the quality of the car has never been bettered. I went on some pretty poor country Derbyshire roads the other day, and the old bird handled the conditions with aplomb. She is rapid when you want her to be and can corner well for a limo, ok not MX5 like (I have one as well) but brilliant nevertheless.

Here's to many more years and I suppose the moral  of the story better the angel you know !😁

2 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Was going to purchase a Celsior import LS 430 with 37000 miles on but decided to keep my LS400. I have had same for a year trouble free really and apart from getting car back up to its mechanical and original looking best it has run perfectly. I now intend to hang on to same for some years to come. I hope to keep it running for perhaps another 5 to 10 years, it is 21 years old now with a paltry 82000 miles on the clock. Will it ever become a classic ?  IMHO it should as the quality of the car has never been bettered. I went on some pretty poor country Derbyshire roads the other day, and the old bird handled the conditions with aplomb. She is rapid when you want her to be and can corner well for a limo, ok not MX5 like (I have one as well) but brilliant nevertheless.

Here's to many more years and I suppose the moral  of the story better the angel you know !😁

So was that the white one?  I think that has conventional suspension and for some strange reason I was momentarily tempted until someone talked me out of it!  

The-Acre Better with conventional suspension IMHO. It looks a minter and the chap that owns the business seems a decent chap. The Tax wedge is £265.00 as well so cannot be bad !

For me if I was to purchase the 430 it would still need some work ensuring our climate and roads did not quickly turn it to a rusty mess. My 400 is already sorted and perhaps with less on it to go wrong in the future.

Conventional suspension is reliable, but after experiencing air suspension in my 1999 Celsior I really understand the term "self-levelling suspension". I can fly around corners much faster than my old 1998 LS400 on coils, and I'd refreshed that suspension well. My wife as passenger comments on how much more upright the car remains with air suspension. Not a huge difference in smoothing out smaller imperfections on the road, though.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links