Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

46 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

except that when you dispose of that asset, you will be balanced charged for the full amount you sell it for which will be added to your taxable profits.

There are ways to get around it fortunately

On 8/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, rayaans said:

Does anyone buy these things as a private buyer anyway?

100% FYA makes it a bargain - think about £11k off in taxes taking into account 20% personal use. 

Only 50 coming to the UK

I've owned 3 EVs privately....maybe I need to get an accountant:).

UX is too expensive for what you get, our IS300H was £34k brand new with nearly every option ticked, the UXe is £50k. Have you looked at the Taycan. Its pricy but having seen them in person they are worth every penny.

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

I've owned 3 EVs privately....maybe I need to get an accountant:).

UX is too expensive for what you get, our IS300H was £34k brand new with nearly every option ticked, the UXe is £50k. Have you looked at the Taycan. Its pricy but having seen them in person they are worth every penny.

It's not for me, for the wife. And she typically keeps her cars for 7-8 years give or take anyway

• 4 weeks later...

It's too late for me and a pretty poor attempt. 😢 I know build quality and finish will be excellent but it's really a half hearted attempt. You can buy a Vauxhall Corsa with longer range for 10k less. I'll sadly be leaving the Lexus fold for now. PDP agreement on NX ends next month and my conscience says no to another petrol/diesel car.

I've ordered a Tesla model 3. Compared to the UX300e it has longer range (254, 329, or 348 miles), faster charging, CCS connector (the leading/growing standard in Europe, the Lexus has Chamedo), supercharger network access, faster acceleration, larger boot and over-the-air updates. (You can get all that for the same money as the Lexus but I've gone for the Long Range model: 348 miles per charge for a few thousand more and 0-60 in 4.4s.)

• 2 weeks later...

It really is odd, my guess being that they've decided they'll sell enough of them to fund the continuing R&D. You've got to believe that there's a second-generation electric drivetrain in development over at Toyota/Lexus - even hybrids won't save them when European & UK governments ban sales of ICE vehicles a decade or so from now.

The UX300e isn't for me, and it sounds like it isn't for you. I considered the Kia E-Niro and Kyundai Kona as well as the Nissan Leaf, but ultimately I do a lot of long-distance driving and wanted a premium vehicle. Current electric offerings are all either expensive to buy but from non-premium brands, with the exception of the really expensive offerings from Tesla, Jaguar, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz.

But you know what, there are probably quite a few people who would be buying a UX as a city car to keep dents off their RC or LC, and an electric version would be a fun novelty that would perfectly suit their limited-range needs. In a couple years' time we'll be able to buy a 300-mile electric UX for not dissimilar money to a petrol/hybrid today - the current version is for early adopters.

Nick

The reasons we decided to get one

1) ride height - better for my wife now she's passed the 50 mark! 

2) Lexus exclusivity - i see way too many Tesla model 3's (they're more common than the bmw 3 series nowadays)

3) Wife only does shopping and school runs, occasional trip but even then less than 200 miles so one charge is probably enough for 2 weeks for her

4) Quality of the UX is inherently better than the model 3 on all accounts

On 9/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, javadude said:

It's too late for me and a pretty poor attempt. 😢 I know build quality and finish will be excellent but it's really a half hearted attempt. You can buy a Vauxhall Corsa with longer range for 10k less. I'll sadly be leaving the Lexus fold for now. PDP agreement on NX ends next month and my conscience says no to another petrol/diesel car.

I've ordered a Tesla model 3. Compared to the UX300e it has longer range (254, 329, or 348 miles), faster charging, CCS connector (the leading/growing standard in Europe, the Lexus has Chamedo), supercharger network access, faster acceleration, larger boot and over-the-air updates. (You can get all that for the same money as the Lexus but I've gone for the Long Range model: 348 miles per charge for a few thousand more and 0-60 in 4.4s.)

Vauxhall Corsa with longer range for £10k less - this one really made me chuckle

Im pretty sure you can get a Vauxhall Corsa for £10k less than most Lexus vehicles, and they usually do better fuel economy.....!

I mean you can get an M3 £30k cheaper than an M5 too. The point being, if everyone bought on numbers, they'd be driving a Model 3, or a 3 series

• Like 2

All fair points - and I think that if you can afford it and your requirements fit within the limited range then go for it. Mazda is taking a similar tack with their new MX-30, as is Honda with the E - the arguments that smaller batteries make for lighter, better-to-drive cars with a reduced environmental impact from Battery manufacture stand up, but only if you don't need to drive very far.

My UX250h is the biggest car I've ever owned, so to me the idea of using one as a city car seems ludicrous, but that's just further proof that everything is relative. 😉

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Going into Lexus Bradford tomorrow to pick the colour/spec of the vehicle. Torn between blazing carnelian, khaki green or black! Wife is adamant she doesnt want another white one

On 8/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, rayaans said:

100% FYA makes it a bargain - think about £11k off in taxes taking into account 20% personal use.

Just curious - would this only apply if the vehicle is purchased outright? Would it still apply if it were Hire Purchase loan?

16 hours ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Just curious - would this only apply if the vehicle is purchased outright? Would it still apply if it were Hire Purchase loan?

Not too sure on this as Ive always bought outright! I would suspect you may be able to do it on HP as well because its the full value thats taken into account anyway

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Won`t your Accountant give you the authoritative answer Gan ?

Perhaps - except I have neither a limited company nor an accountant  😉

Was just curious that's all. Who knows, I might start my own company someday and afford the newer Lexuses 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rayaans said:

So, the decision has been made! 

Blazing Carnelian with Rich Cream Interior - certainly not a car thats going to blend in! 

Now just to decide on the wheels lol

We want photos or it did not happen!

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

We want photos or it did not happen!

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Without Piccies it conjures up images of a Jackson Pollock canvas !

With piccies, it might lead me to a psychedelic dream !

Haha it's not here yet! March delivery on these. I'll post a photo of the car on the configurator when I get chance to rebuild it on there!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Haha it's not here yet! March delivery on these. I'll post a photo of the car on the configurator when I get chance to rebuild it on there!

Is your wife excited? Nothing to do with you of course! About the car?

3 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Is your wife excited? Nothing to do with you of course! About the car?

Quite excited - a first for her anyway! Especially because its electric, shes never driven one before. I have so I know she'll love it

This is the one....... Bit out there, I know, but she wanted something different. I suppose thats one of the reasons we drive Lexus isn't it? Wouldnt be surprised if its the only UX300e in the country in this spec.

1778658201_exterior1.thumb.png.e682c8f0db92e943a76a95a417d41cd9.png297788772_exterior2.thumb.png.2c00d5959c65f4e54e94435396e6cab0.png189546722_exterior3.thumb.png.249a88f3a307cca769df06fc818885ae.pnginterior.thumb.png.45cd551b977ef2b7389520eab844f608.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Quite excited - a first for her anyway! Especially because its electric, shes never driven one before. I have so I know she'll love it

This is the one....... Bit out there, I know, but she wanted something different. I suppose thats one of the reasons we drive Lexus isn't it? Wouldnt be surprised if its the only UX300e in the country in this spec.

1778658201_exterior1.thumb.png.e682c8f0db92e943a76a95a417d41cd9.png297788772_exterior2.thumb.png.2c00d5959c65f4e54e94435396e6cab0.png189546722_exterior3.thumb.png.249a88f3a307cca769df06fc818885ae.pnginterior.thumb.png.45cd551b977ef2b7389520eab844f608.png

Really like that colour combination but would like to see it in the flesh. That will be MUCH easier to keep clean! Well it will not show the dirt as much!

That is a keeper!

I love it. We've already decided that this will be the colour combination of our next NX... If we stick with an NX.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...