Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

I'd be cautious with that March delivery date given my experience with a conventional UX order from Japan. A two and half month slide to the right from the first date given to me so far. Nice colour by the way.

Cheers

Barry

Lexus UK car I assume & definitely not for sale.

It will be a financially interesting experience re GFV as, IF, it interests me I would only be interested in the 60K Model.

I believe my NX is better looking, better equipped with its AVS , Pano Roof & Siri but ,of course, the E costs significantly less to operate day to day.

Tel

38 minutes ago, Tel said:

Lexus UK car I assume & definitely not for sale.

It will be a financially interesting experience re GFV as, IF, it interests me I would only be interested in the 60K Model.

I believe my NX is better looking, better equipped with its AVS , Pano Roof & Siri but ,of course, the E costs significantly less to operate day to day.

Tel

Interestingly, I have read recently of an increasing number of MB vehicles with Pan roofs having problems with fragmentation of plastic"keys" on facias.

MB Dealers claim to know nothing about the problems!

Perhaps this is due to internal temperature extremes and admission of a greater length and range of the electro- magnetic spectrum caused by the fitting of the Pano roof??

Something to watch out for on other models?

Pano"s blind combined with the glass spec itself erases the Merc issues as my research, prior to purchase, focused heavily on the revised AVS & the roof.

AVS passed the Manhattan Test & same too by Vegas owners who love their Pano Option.

Prior to Covid we drove to Italy & Amsterdam & I needed to be confident both Options would perform.

Tel

• Like 1

A Hyundai Kona Premium has a range of 300 miles, more equipment, and comes in at £32,000. On an equivalent PCP it is almost half the monthly price of the UX...

If I go electric, at this point it certainly won’t be in a Lexus at these prices.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, royoftherovers said:

Interestingly, I have read recently of an increasing number of MB vehicles with Pan roofs having problems with fragmentation of plastic"keys" on facias.

MB Dealers claim to know nothing about the problems!

Perhaps this is due to internal temperature extremes and admission of a greater length and range of the electro- magnetic spectrum caused by the fitting of the Pano roof??

Something to watch out for on other models?

My son had constant issues with his C class pan roof. Seemed to forget the memory points for the blinds every cold day. And then would need a reset as the whole system would refuse to operate. In and out of the dealership 4 times before he sold it.

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

A Hyundai Kona Premium has a range of 300 miles, more equipment, and comes in at £32,000. On an equivalent PCP it is almost half the monthly price of the UX...

If I go electric, at this point it certainly won’t be in a Lexus at these prices.

I suppose but its not exactly a premium vehicle and the interior quality will show that up, as will refinement etc.

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

My son had constant issues with his C class pan roof. Seemed to forget the memory points for the blinds every cold day. And then would need a reset as the whole system would refuse to operate. In and out of the dealership 4 times before he sold it.

I suppose but its not exactly a premium vehicle and the interior quality will show that up, as will refinement etc.

^^ We’ll see. Next year I’ll test drive a few EVs. Based on all the online reviews I’ve watched and read, the (current) EV buyer is far more interested in range, charging and tech than ‘premium’ badging. A good quality interior is a must of course, but how many cars have a poor quality one these days anyway? Kia and Hyundai vehicles I’ve seen over the last couple of years compare very favourably imho.

Depreciation & attractive Finance will be key to Private Punters as Insurance is not cheap & neither is the Lexus Wall Charger.

Tel

UXe Demo car was a Takumi-Spec Lexus Europe vehicle in Blue with 2 giant fuel flaps either side.

Drives normally with F-Sport suspension on 18" wheels.

Lexus Finance is 0.1 % p.a. more costly than my NX Deal & in % terms the UXe's GFV over a 3 years, on a much lower 5000 m.p.a, is worse than my top of the range NX.

Disappointed as this is the first Lexus since my 2011 Mk.2 ISF that has received positive Press Reviews yet actual running cost is much higher than I expected.

I understand the UXe is not available for Sale in Europe & is !00% leased

Tel

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

UXe Demo car was a Takumi-Spec Lexus Europe vehicle in Blue with 2 giant fuel flaps either side.

Drives normally with F-Sport suspension on 18" wheels.

Lexus Finance is 0.1 % p.a. more costly than my NX Deal & in % terms the UXe's GFV over a 3 years, on a much lower 5000 m.p.a, is worse than my top of the range NX.

Disappointed as this is the first Lexus since my 2011 Mk.2 ISF that has received positive Press Reviews yet actual running cost is much higher than I expected.

I understand the UXe is not available for Sale in Europe & is !00% leased

Tel

^^ Interesting, thanks. One thing I’m not sure about is how values of EVs will fare as they get older and there is the potential for Battery replacement. As the infrastructure improves I’m sure garages will (have to) switch to Battery maintenance and replacement at a reasonable cost, because if that doesn’t happen a large percentage of the driving population might not be able to afford to have a personal vehicle due to cost.

Leasing may be the way the market goes in the longer term, and an online discussion with a VW dealer indicated to me that their new ID will only be available on lease in the UK. One wonders why Lexus would take that approach on the continent but not in the UK?

I’m very interested in an EV, but perhaps not quite yet. I’ll likely wait for another 3-4 years to see how the market and the charging infrastructure evolves.

• Like 1

Given that the current Mokka was a rebadged Chevrolet, which in turn was a rebadged Daewoo, I have to assume that, if the name is not changing, the new car is also likely to come from Daewoo. On that basis Lexus probably doesn't have much to worry about.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, DanD said:

Given that the current Mokka was a rebadged Chevrolet, which in turn was a rebadged Daewoo, I have to assume that, if the name is not changing, the new car is also likely to come from Daewoo. On that basis Lexus probably doesn't have much to worry about.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

^^ Vauxhall / Opel are part of PSA now. This is an all new car, based on the equivalent Peugeot - according to the review, anyway.

I’ll be interested to see this car once it’s available for general test drives. However the prices really put me off.  I’d rather have a Tesla for that kind of money. 
We took delivery of a 2020 Renault Zoe last month and I love it. So easy to drive and really cheap running costs.  We got a great deal on a lease so it only cost a little more per month than a similar spec Clio or similar car.  With the lower running costs it was a no brainier.  It is the GT Line spec so lots of toys too. 
Our local Asda current has their rapid (50KW) chargers set to free as they are new, so I’ve not paid for any ‘fuel’ yet - we fill up for free with our weekly shop. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, pobrown said:

I’ll be interested to see this car once it’s available for general test drives. However the prices really put me off.  I’d rather have a Tesla for that kind of money. 

That's what I did. PDP on my NX ended in Oct. If the UXe had been worth waiting for I'd have got a little run around for a few months. I was really disappointed that Lexus couldn't manage better. Bought a Telsa Model 3 Long Range instead. Longer range that the UXe, faster charging (up to 5x the kw), CCS charging instead of the Lexus "betamax" choice of Chamedo, super charger network, faster acceleration (0-60 4.2s), bigger boot, over-the-air updates so it improves gradually over time. It makes my NX look like an antique. Would never go back to an ICE car.

• Like 2

Sadly Chris the Tesla Build Quality Issues would not appeal to me after 22 years driving Lexus.

I also believe the Lexus NX is a great looking self-charging SUV that requires no lengthy fuel stops & the aforementioned rebuild Issues.

Each to there own I guess, given the rapid development of E-Cars. A 4x4E Toyota is scheduled for next year

Tel

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, pobrown said:

We took delivery of a 2020 Renault Zoe last month and I love it. So easy to drive and really cheap running costs.  We got a great deal on a lease so it only cost a little more per month than a similar spec Clio or similar car.  With the lower running costs it was a no brainier.  It is the GT Line spec so lots of toys too. 
Our local Asda current has their rapid (50KW) chargers set to free as they are new, so I’ve not paid for any ‘fuel’ yet - we fill up for free with our weekly shop. 

Another Zoe50 GTLine owner here (alongside my GS450h).  Do you need an app for the ASDA charger?  My local one it's free to charge but a £1 connection charge - my weekly shop never last long enough to make it worth it (I'm 10.4p per kW off peak).

If you have a local Tesco - they're totally free, though older sites have a mix of 3.6 and 7.2kW chargers.  Actually - the fast chargers are free, they're starting to roll out rapid chargers as well - you have to pay for those.

I use the GeniePoint app but there is no charge at all. Alternatively you can start the charge by presenting any contactless or RFID card.  I’m sure the promotion will end soon and they will start being charged at the same cost as other GeniePoint sites. 
I’m guessing your Asda may be PodPoint chargers - the £1 fee sounds familiar. 
I have a local Tesco too with free 7kW chargers, but keep going to Asda as they are 50kW. I’ve only used my home charger once in 2 months. 
A weekly 60 min shop at Asda gives me enough charge for the week. 

Looked it up on Zapmap - mine is Polar/BP Pulse - looks like it's £1.20 connection charge unless you have a BP Pulse account, at which point it's totally free, then the actual charging is free - might test next time I'm there, though they're the old 3.6kW type - there's  a pair with cones ion the way to dissuade ICE drivers - never seen more than one car using them.

• 4 weeks later...

So an update - Car will land in the UK on 10th February 2021. I originally ordered from Lexus Bradford but they have since closed permanently. So its being shifted to Stockport as its part of the same group. Not a problem as Ive dealt with them before and it was a great experience.

I have looked at the Model 3 already, as most of you may know. I know it has a huge following but apart from the turn of speed and the technology, its utter garbage. The build quality is honestly better on an early Jaguar XE - Id know - I have one! Additionally, as the car is being kept for atleast 5-7 years, Id rather go with Lexus on this one.

Personally I prefer build quality over technology and speed, mind you the UXe isnt exactly slow. Its also not as common as a model 3 - its basically the new 3 series round my end. 

• Like 2

Great, please make sure to update us

A piece of warning for those that want to buy a Tesla Model 3

they are now made in China and there are horrible quality problems reported on EV forums

I wonder if that will affect BMW iX3 quality too ( that is also made in China)

Being made in China doesn't indicate a level of quality. Things can be made poorly and extremely well there, it is down to design, manufacturing plant, component quality, worker education, time allocated to each task etc.

The Telsas coming out of the US have poor quality problems too. Partly because Tesla lack the knowledge of how to design a vehicle and an assembly line that can allow cars to be mass produced at an acceptable quality.

16 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Being made in China doesn't indicate a level of quality. Things can be made poorly and extremely well there, it is down to design, manufacturing plant, component quality, worker education, time allocated to each task etc.

The Telsas coming out of the US have poor quality problems too. Partly because Tesla lack the knowledge of how to design a vehicle and an assembly line that can allow cars to be mass produced at an acceptable quality.

Thanks, it looks that the newer batch coming from China has even worse problems.

Perhaps it is Tesla specific, we will find out when the iX3 arrives I guess

On 1/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, rayaans said:

So an update - Car will land in the UK on 10th February 2021. I originally ordered from Lexus Bradford but they have since closed permanently. So its being shifted to Stockport as its part of the same group. Not a problem as Ive dealt with them before and it was a great experience.

I have looked at the Model 3 already, as most of you may know. I know it has a huge following but apart from the turn of speed and the technology, its utter garbage. The build quality is honestly better on an early Jaguar XE - Id know - I have one! Additionally, as the car is being kept for atleast 5-7 years, Id rather go with Lexus on this one.

Personally I prefer build quality over technology and speed, mind you the UXe isnt exactly slow. Its also not as common as a model 3 - its basically the new 3 series round my end. 

Excellent, I'm looking forward to hearing about it! I'm very happy with my UX250h, but I have to admit the idea of an all-electric version is very appealing...

I'm sure I won't be the only person who is curious to know what the real-world performance, range, charging time/experience etc. is like!

Nick