Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

Chosen the Registration plate for the UX yesterday - I amused myself because Ive convinced myself it says O-zone 

xx70ZNE

I mean itll be coming off to make way for the private number plate anyway so I wasnt too fussed. I need to get more information from the salesman about the Lexus charging point - for the time being Ill just use the 3 pin socket or a supermarket charger as its a second car

Looking into ceramic coatings and leather coatings as well now that its nearly on the way, although I probably wont get to do this until atleast easter time

I think Ill probably be selling the IS300h privately when the time comes. Its only done 19k miles and had 7 Lexus dealer services so would make a bargain for someone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

`

On 1/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, royoftherovers said:

I did the calculation based on published range for several cars when I was deciding what to get after my NX.

Telsa Model 3 LR = £135 per mile.

Lexus UX300e = £208 per mile

The only EVs which came out worse that Lexus on my list were Audi e-tron, Jaguar iPace, Volvo XC40 Recharge and Mercedes EQC but I suppose on that basis you could say the UX300e is better value than other established premium brands.

Full list:

ID.3    138
UX300e    208.67
Tesla 3 SR+    159.41
Tesla 3 LR    135.03
Hyundai Kona Premium 64kWh    119.27
Kia e-Niro '3' 64kWh    119.61
Kia Soul    122.05
Peugot e208 GT    143.48
Corsa-e    143.65
MG ZS EV    156.41
Polstar 2    160.62
Audi e-tron    243.57
Jaguar iPace    223.27
Volvo XC40 Recharge    239.9
Mercedes EQC    265

Note that's all based on published and not actual range.

• Thanks 1

So a few more updates

Ive asked the Lexus dealer to postpone until March 1st so I can get it on the 21 plate.

Additionally, Ive been looking for insurance on the UX300e. Its bloody cheaper than the IS300h at £455 🤣🤣🤣

No idea how they work that out lol

• Like 1

Got the charger fitted today. So this one was recommended to me by the dealer and they have a contractor come and fit it. Was £800 in total after government grant of £350

The best deal for this I could find on the internet was £1091 fitted after the grant.

IMG-20210205-WA0002.thumb.jpg.aaa5ba5eab96544940c81fd49bc3f8d6.jpg

• Like 1

Rayaan

Do you know the cost of the Lexus Charger fitted & does the Charger connect to a 13 Amp Socket in your Garage.

When I asked my Dealer these Questions they had no answers.

Thanks

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Do you know the cost of the Lexus Charger fitted & does the Charger connect to a 13 Amp Socket in your Garage

I think the Lexus charger is 22 kW so is going to be quite expensive and will need a 100 Amp connection directly into your fusebox and your main feed into your fusebox may have to be upgraded - although you don't actually need it to operate at full power.

I'm assuming Rayaan's charger is 7 kW and would therefore need a 40 Amp connection to the fusebox. Both of these will charge the 300e in around 8.25 hours as the vehicle will only draw up to 6.6 kW.

If you just want to charge via a 13 Amp socket then I believe a lead to do that is supplied with the vehicle, but it will take around 19 hours to fully charge from completely discharged.

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Rayaan

Do you know the cost of the Lexus Charger fitted & does the Charger connect to a 13 Amp Socket in your Garage.

When I asked my Dealer these Questions they had no answers.

Thanks

Tel

The car is supplied with a plug charger but it's quite slow as mentioned by Colin taking around 19-22 hours.

Mine is a 7kw charger so will take 8 hours from empty to full which I think is fine. 

The Zappi was £800 fitted and Lexus Stockport basically managed everything. Went for the untethered unit as the car comes with a type 2 connector anyway 

It was about £1000+ fitted from other retailers

Screenshot_20210206-100629.jpg

Thanks Colin / Rayaans.

So I conclude my Consumer box has to be accessed with the 7KW Charger & a 40 amp cable run around the Bungalow to my garage which is located diagonally opposite to the CB.

Tel

On 2/7/2021 at 10:18 AM, Tel said:

Thanks Colin / Rayaans.

So I conclude my Consumer box has to be accessed with the 7KW Charger & a 40 amp cable run around the Bungalow to my garage which is located diagonally opposite to the CB.

Tel

Yes thats correct. If you have any spare fuses on the consumer unit theyll just use that, otherwise they can add another unit onto it. 

Mine's been sorted out now. The engineer came to straighten it up and fit the router hub which links to the charger as it hadnt arrived when he came before. Just waiting for the car now!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tel said:

Assume the Router Hub is an extension of your charger system for all the key info etc.?

Terry

That is correct.

Cant access the full functionality just yet as it needs an EV hooked up to it first. But so far I can change the charging speed/ consumption. Has an option for fast, eco or eco+. Fast basically draws power from the grid if needed, eco balances the two and eco+ doesnt charge at all until you're not using much in the home. 

With mine, it wont measure the consumption of the home because its hooked up to the standalone consumer box that in the garage. So the only thing it'll really measure is consumption from the garage doors, switches and lighting

Another vote for the Zappi charger here.  I did loads of research and found this one to be the best.  I needed the load-balancing feature as my incoming main fuse is only 60A.  Cost me £700 installed (£1050 before grant) with a local independent electrician.

Unless you have 3-phase power at your house, the fastest charging you'll be able to have at home is a 7kW charger (32A).

(Note: I don't own a UX300e - just loitering for interest.  We own a Renault Zoe in addition to our NX)

Zappi.thumb.jpg.c00c8474cbe51828d1543c0571af9ca1.jpg

The UX300e service prices are out 

£130 for the minors and £260 for all the majors apart from 100k which is slightly more. Doesnt seem too bad in comparison to usual Lexus prices. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The UX300e service prices are out 

£130 for the minors and £260 for all the majors apart from 100k which is slightly more. Doesnt seem too bad in comparison to usual Lexus prices. 

Yes very good. Just shows that the dealers charge us around £150 to change £20 worth of oil 😞 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a delay in getting mine. Initially was supposed to land with dealers on March 1st. Unfortunately its still at the depot and will be available with the dealer next week. 

They suspect its due to the optional alloy wheels which will be fitted here in the UK.

Getting kind of excited to drive it. Ive only driven the hybrid models, not the electric one. Additionally, Ive never seen a Blazing Carnelian UX with the Rich cream interior and the particular wheels we went for so thats going to be interesting!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rayaans said:

They suspect its due to the optional alloy wheels which will be fitted here in the UK

That's a little disappointing, I thought Lexus GB stopped adding parts at point of entry years ago - you pay twice, once for the wheels that come from the factory and then again for the replacements. Hopefully Lexus GB subsidise the new wheels somewhat as they will use the standard wheels for warranty replacements.

19 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

Japanese engineering let down by the crappy British charging network...

Nick

Sadly the crappy British charging network hasn't got any better since I got my first EV in 2015 :(.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, rayaans said:

Getting kind of excited to drive it. Ive only driven the hybrid models, not the electric one. Additionally, Ive never seen a Blazing Carnelian UX with the Rich cream interior and the particular wheels we went for so thats going to be interesting!

Lots of photos asap!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links