Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

On 3/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, rayaans said:

Bit of a delay in getting mine. Initially was supposed to land with dealers on March 1st. Unfortunately its still at the depot and will be available with the dealer next week. 

They suspect its due to the optional alloy wheels which will be fitted here in the UK.

Getting kind of excited to drive it. Ive only driven the hybrid models, not the electric one. Additionally, Ive never seen a Blazing Carnelian UX with the Rich cream interior and the particular wheels we went for so thats going to be interesting!

I’m looking forward to hearing all about your experiences with this car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Lots of photos asap!

26 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I’m looking forward to hearing all about your experiences with this car

Car arrived at Lexus Stockport yesterday. Should be able to collect on Thursday next week

• Like 2

Great Time to get your UXE as the weather is slowly improving & Driving long distances is not possible.

My concern with the 55k Model is it comes without AVS yet it rides on RunFlats & road surface quality is getting worse.

Spirited driving & sub- Zero temperatures zap range.

Cannot wait for feedback in the real world.

Tel

55 minutes ago, Tel said:

Great Time to get your UXE as the weather is slowly improving & Driving long distances is not possible.

My concern with the 55k Model is it comes without AVS yet it rides on RunFlats & road surface quality is getting worse.

Spirited driving & sub- Zero temperatures zap range.

Cannot wait for feedback in the real world.

Tel

My wife will be the main driver, she only does town driving and school runs so will be ideal. 

Ive just researched into it and apparently most of the UX's come with run flat tyres! Well, I must say, after driving them as courtesy cars I wouldnt have noticed at all. The UX is super smooth, more so than the NX and even my RX will struggle against the UX on a bad road for outright ride comfort

The UXe comes with Michelin Primacy tyres. Not sure whether those are runflat as well

Edit - just checked. None of the UX300e models come with run flats. All of them have tyre repair kits

My NX has AVS & I have driven a UX with AVS & both give better rides than normal.

The UXe has revised suspension tailored to the model itself so it clearly will be different & with the smaller footprint tyres I think it will be good(even without AVS).

Tel

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ive just researched into it and apparently most of the UX's come with run flat tyres! Well, I must say, after driving them as courtesy cars I wouldnt have noticed at all. The UX is super smooth, more so than the NX and even my RX will struggle against the UX on a bad road for outright ride comfort

The UXe comes with Michelin Primacy tyres. Not sure whether those are runflat as well

Edit - just checked. None of the UX300e models come with run flats. All of them have tyre repair kits

The hybrid UXs with 18" wheels have run flats, the 17" ones are normal with tyre repair kit. I don't really understand the logic here, do owners of the more expensive models appreciate more under tray storage space? I guess it is just a cost thing, there is more profit in the grades/packs that include 18" wheels even with more expensive run flats.

Given the UXe has a larger boot compared to the UX maybe the space taken up by the repair kit is a non-issue.

My UX250h has the 18" run-flats. The space under the boot is filled with a big piece of foam but with all the kit that you'd get with the the regular tyres missing. So you don't really get any more space - I'd love to pull that entire piece of foam out and buy/make some sort of liner so that I can use the extra storage.

The ride on the 18's with standard sport suspension is really very good - but the road noise is pretty bad. I'm probably going to try regular tyres when they wear out and hope that the noise improves.

Nick

12 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

My UX250h has the 18" run-flats. The space under the boot is filled with a big piece of foam but with all the kit that you'd get with the the regular tyres missing. So you don't really get any more space - I'd love to pull that entire piece of foam out and buy/make some sort of liner so that I can use the extra storage.

The ride on the 18's with standard sport suspension is really very good - but the road noise is pretty bad. I'm probably going to try regular tyres when they wear out and hope that the noise improves.

Nick

They reckon the Dunlop run flats are quieter Nick.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, ALAW said:

They reckon the Dunlop run flats are quieter Nick.

I'd heard that; my car came with the Bridgestone Turanazas, which also understeer quite badly when pressing on. I'd happily sacrifice a few miles per gallon for better grip in wet and dry conditions, and certainly for less tyre roar on motorways...

Nick

Just seen the news that the £3000 grant on EVs is changing from today (I think). 
Reducing to £2500 but only applies to cars £35k and under. 
Will effectively mean a £3K price increase on the UXe unless Lexus absorb some of that 😳

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Excellent!

Who will drive it from the dealers?

Photos! Photos! Photos!

No Photo? You didn't pick it up!

Ive not picked it up yet! Will be picked up after I finish work at around 16:30 today. And then its about an hour drive back!

29 minutes ago, pobrown said:

Just seen the news that the £3000 grant on EVs is changing from today (I think). 
Reducing to £2500 but only applies to cars £35k and under. 
Will effectively mean a £3K price increase on the UXe unless Lexus absorb some of that 😳

Yep! Just noticed that too. So looks like all UXe's are now going to be £3k more expensive, apart from the takumi of course as it never qualified for the grant in the first place.

Drove it back yesterday evening. Lovely little car to be honest. Performance is good, much better than the 250h and its very quiet. I could tell instantly theres much more sound deadening in the 300e in comparison to the 250h

Additionally, its really odd seeing bumps and expecting to feel something which never comes. The ride on the Michelin primacy tyres (non run flat) is probably amongst the best in the Lexus lineup in my view. 

hqxyk1K.jpg

fIQCL3x.jpg

First thing I did was seal the leather seats today!

• Like 4

Nice car that! Been looking at a UX300e for my wife. Doubt we’ll get one now but probably will do in 21 months when we retire. Will give me chance to see how reliable they are. Also how they fare as a used buy. Beautiful looking car though. Look forward to hearing all about the ownership experience.

A few more pictures today as I had the chance! I plugged it into charge, went from 90 miles to about 130 in 5 hours so pretty pleased.

Ive also just set up the Lexus Link app so itll take about 24 hours to sort out fully. Seems to work fine so far.

760geGM.jpg

jIxMWrr.jpg

Y3w1yzA.jpg

Yd35M9H.jpg

vu3f8xc.jpg

xz1atjA.jpg

tp2N35Z.jpg

61SIudQ.jpg

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links