Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

22 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

What is the green band on the rear number plate?

New number plate rules allow fully electric cars to display a green band. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

Is that a little free gift on the last pic?

Its what the keys came in!

9 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

That is one seriously good-looking car. Really stunning colour choice! Looks like Lexus changed the shifter design on the electric model...

Nick

Yep its just like a toggle. Forward for reverse and backwards for drive. And then just press P to engage parking brake and put into Park

Am driving UXE as a courtesy car today and initial impressions are its a fantastic vehicle. Quiet, very fast acceleration but with initial information overload! The main binnacle combined with the navi screen and multi colour HUD takes a while to synch with your brain. 

As a highly practical efficient and impressive EV I would certainly give it consideration if you wish to go the EV route. 

9 minutes ago, Tel said:

My turn tomorrow 

Rayaan

which model is yours please 

Tel

Its the UX300e with Premium Plus package, so mid range which managed to get the £3k government grant!

The sun came out today and I must say the colour absolutely pops when its sunny. The sparkle is amazing!

It doesnt come with Nav built in though! Has carplay/android auto though so if I need the nav, Ive just plugged the phone into the socket and used  Waze on screen. Handy!

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its the UX300e with Premium Plus package, so mid range which managed to get the £3k government grant!

The sun came out today and I must say the colour absolutely pops when its sunny. The sparkle is amazing!

It doesnt come with Nav built in though! Has carplay/android auto though so if I need the nav, Ive just plugged the phone into the socket and used  Waze on screen. Handy!

Thanks for update Rayaans yeah interested you use waze i haven't. Usually I run with Google on Android auto its v good. I hear waze is good around London that i wouldn't know. 

The UX-E is perfect for Lockdown & I am sure great fo local excursions & destinations within the Winter Range of the Home Charger.

In the New Normal, we return to emergency Babysitters for our GP Family in Worcester 95 miles away.How do I return without faf & inconvenience ?

We are now down to one car , my NX is Transcontinental but will not be going to Rome anytime soon & my Brompton is not in Tandem Spec.

Tel

• Haha 2

It would appear to make sense to have a pure electric as a second car. Many households have two cars and where the second is used for short journeys it would appear to make practical / economic sense - running cost wise. 

There are good financial arguments for NOT buying an expensive car. The interesting thing is that most people set a budget for buying a car - whether new or second-hand. If your budget stretches to £11,600 you can buy a brand new Dacia or a 10 year old RX 450h. After the purchase it is just running costs (including depreciation and reliability).

So if you had £11,600 to spend (cash!) on a SECOND car,  what would you buy?

3 hours ago, Tel said:

The UX-E is perfect for Lockdown & I am sure great fo local excursions & destinations within the Winter Range of the Home Charger.

In the New Normal, we return to emergency Babysitters for our GP Family in Worcester 95 miles away.How do I return without faf & inconvenience ?

We are now down to one car , my NX is Transcontinental but will not be going to Rome anytime soon & my Brompton is not in Tandem Spec.

Tel

Answered; get the family to move to Derbyshire 😎 because like me, you must feel highly blessed for living in this most wonderful of counties and environments! 

14 hours ago, Tel said:

Tel

ZAPMAP is really good for finding chargers close to home. Theres absolutely loads on there including a route planner which would be very helpful. 

But Ideally for an "only" car youd need a realistic range of 300 miles

• Like 1

Spec was Takumi,Silver with Black interior & I had to wait a little while for the car to charge as their Fast Charger was not yet connected.

My first impression was, despite the lack of Raayan's perfect colour combo, the drive, ride etc. was excellent .Drove c.50 swift miles with c.5 @ 70 plus & the Fuel Meter was heading towards half way.

The interior is too busy with small controls everywhere & the seats appeared a touch flat.It is clearly no different to the Base UX yet this Eco version costs c. 60k & has limited range.

A very expensive 2nd car

Collected my top -spec F-Sport 4000 mile 2 year old NX Supercar & noted the mpg as 35.8 mpg since refuelling.

Eco is clearly the future & despite, all above I would have the 300E if the Range was doubled or Elon allowed us to use his Chargers.

Tel

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

ZAPMAP is really good for finding chargers close to home. Theres absolutely loads on there including a route planner which would be very helpful. 

But Ideally for an "only" car youd need a realistic range of 300 miles

Hello Rayaan, I am thinking of changing my Honda e for a UX 300e. I have had a couple of Tesla Model 3's, never again...! When your wife has driven a few miles, and you have charged it a couple of times. Can you post what your thoughts are regarding it's range...? I also cant find any youtube reviews that have been done in the UK. Be good to see a couple... I think, because it's a Lexus, it should tick all the boxes regarding owning one...!

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

What issues did you have Kevin? I know they constantly make improvements and had quite a few changes for 2021.

I had the Standard, and then bought the Long Range, not for the additional range, but for the AWD, for the winter months…

Living where I do, there are numerous roads, that don’t get gritted by the Council…

The very poor build quality is noticeable, and having an iPad, for various controls, was weird…!

Elon is trying to become the richest man in the world, not the 2nd, as he currently is…!

His interest, is his own wealth, not the quality of the cars, that don’t have adequate quality control systems…

There are many that will disagree with me...

I am hoping that there will soon be more youtube reviews of the 300e, when there are more cars in the UK…

This one is good…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2rNfUIcIuM

I am thinking of changing my Honda e for a 300e, because I want to be able to put my wife’s powerchair, and my Gocycle in, easily, and go to the Camel Trail, or somewhere similar… 

And also because it’s a Lexus, which no doubt, will have a quality finish, as is expected of Lexus…! 

• Like 1

We are thinking quite seriously about an electric car as our second car and doing probably 90% of our journeys in this. My wife was very against a pure EV but she is coming round to the idea now. I am going to try a UX300e when I get chance  to. Trouble is a Mini E or E208 might be a better bet for us purely on the basis of price. We reckon we could save £200 a month on fuel so there wouldn’t be much point if a new EV cost us say £400 per month. Closer to £200 per month and it starts to look better. I wouldn’t buy one for cash because I’m not confident about the future value of EVs. We can charge on our driveway  so we’ll get a wall box fitted. Need to see how reliable they are before buying too.

@paulrnxKeep an eye on the deals of the various leasing sites - EVs are good lease bargains at the moment.

Our Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line was only £240 per month which I didn't think was bad for a £33k car (no deposit).

There was a cracking deal on a Hyundai IONIQ Electric for only £200 per month with no deposit recently.

LeaseLoco, Leasing.com and Gateway2Lease are some sites I look at regularly.  The leasing section of WhatCar is also pretty good at times.

Leasing isn't for everyone and it took me a while to come around to the idea.  However, the last couple of cars my wife had (Toyota Aygo) were worth exactly the same as the balloon payment at the end of each PCP deal.  This meant that financially there were pretty much the same as leasing.

We moved to EV with the Zoe last October and haven't looked back.  It is now our main car as I recently sold my NX.  I've not been to a petrol station in 6 months.  Charging is either free at my local supermarket (7kW charger at Tesco or 50kW charger at Asda) or at home on Octopus Energy Go-Faster which is only 5.5p per kWh between 8.30pm and 1.30am.  This means a full charge of the 50kWh Battery is only £2.75 and good for 180-240 miles (depending on the weather).

(Note: the Octopus Energy link is my referral link which gets both me and the user £50.00 each when you sign up)

The UXe looks like a fab car but I feel it is priced too high at the moment.  I also worry about the Lexus decision to use CHaDEmo as the rapid charge connection rather than CCS which is much more common.  The only other mainstream car that uses CHaDEmo is the Nissan Leaf (I think!), which while very common at the moment, I believe the next EV from Nissan will move to CCS.  While rapid chargers at the moment have both types of connections, I wonder if this will continue in the future as more cars come along with just CCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 4:06 PM, rayaans said:

Fitted the dashcam today. Was reasonably straight forward but the earth bolt was a pain to get to . All sorted though now and works perfectly

How is life with your UX300e?

10 hours ago, paulrnx said:

How is life with your UX300e?

Just fine! no issues that Ive noticed, just happy motoring with it. Its deadly smooth and quiet honestly!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Just fine! no issues that Ive noticed, just happy motoring with it. Its deadly smooth and quiet honestly!

Nice! I’ll be very interested how much you pay for electricity and how many times you use charging points at supermarkets etc. Over time of course.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links