Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

Nice! I’ll be very interested how much you pay for electricity and how many times you use charging points at supermarkets etc. Over time of course.

I've just been charging it at home. 

I think it costs something like £4.00 to charge fully so it's extremely cheap. And the service costs are half normal lexus prices too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 8:32 PM, talaipwros said:

Looks lovely. What is real life range please?

So Ive been getting around 160 miles on a full charge around town. 

However, recently I've ran it on the motorway and it seems to be getting 3.6 miles per kWh at a steady 70mph which would equate to 196 miles.

The car is absolutely brilliant. Android auto works very well, it's so smooth. It's bloody quick too and it will scrabble it's front tyres on full throttle with no significant torque steer as such 

Very pleased with this one. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:51 AM, talaipwros said:

I've just seen a Lexus dealer offer,  £1000 deposit contribution and 3.9% APR

Llet's hope that they will keep them coming .

VW are doing good deals, if you are interested old pal!😉😉

• Haha 2

On 5/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, royoftherovers said:

VW are doing good deals, if you are interested old pal!😉😉

tuche!

speaking of offers, good grief, there are 748 Brand New(pre-reg) Jaguar iPace for sale on autotrader.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&postcode=m12hy&radius=1500&make=JAGUAR&model=I-PACE&include-delivery-option=on&year-from=new

I would expect some crazy offers to be had

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:45 PM, rayaans said:

I've just been charging it at home. 

I think it costs something like £4.00 to charge fully so it's extremely cheap. And the service costs are half normal lexus prices too

Are you keeping track of what you are spending on charging? Even just approximate / ball park figures.

9 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Are you keeping track of what you are spending on charging? Even just approximate / ball park figures.

Yes, so its only getting used by my wife at the moment as Im driving the RX all the time. 

I charged it up the other day, it cost me exactly £4.52. So I added around 150 miles roughly for £4.52. Im spending around £70 to fill my tank on the RX giving me 350 miles!

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes, so its only getting used by my wife at the moment as Im driving the RX all the time. 

I charged it up the other day, it cost me exactly £4.52. So I added around 150 miles roughly for £4.52. Im spending around £70 to fill my tank on the RX giving me 350 miles!

Thanks. Interesting 👍

18 hours ago, rayaans said:

That puts the saving into perspective! The psychological saving is even more!

40 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

How much was it to put on the road £40k ?

Don't spoil it John! The economic vagaries of running a car are very complicated.

If you are going to spend £40K - it makes sense to buy a car that costs less than a gallon of fuel to travel 150 miles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Don't spoil it John! The economic vagaries of running a car are very complicated.

If you are going to spend £40K - it makes sense to buy a car that costs less than a gallon of fuel to travel 150 miles?

If feel the need to spend £40k then do you need the fuel cost saving to pay for counselling? Just a thought 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

How much was it to put on the road £40k ?

Sticker price was £49k. Government grant was £3k. 

Of course by the time my accountant has sorted it out it'll have cost me £33k.

We bought our IS at 2 years old for £23k so I don't think it's bad value for a car that's brand new with a higher list price 

Bear in mind its going through my business and my wife keeps her cars for a long time so it negates any tax on the car when selling 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Do I detect a green eyed monster?

Good lawd no Dave, a cold-eyed one maybe. Under this icey exterior beats a heart of pure stone 😈. My days of being an unspeakable chasing the inedible are long gone 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Sticker price was £49k. Government grant was £3k. 

Of course by the time my accountant has sorted it out it'll have cost me £33k.

Bargain. I guess its also exempt from luxury car tax.  

18 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Bargain. I guess its also exempt from luxury car tax.  

Im not too sure. I didn't pay the first year because it's all included anyway. 

It'll probably have £340 a year tax on it. But then most cars nowadays do regardless unless you somehow manage to buy a premium car less than £40k. Golfs cost that much now. It's just an arbitrary number really they've chosen

The biggest plus when buying through a business is being able to offset the whole purchase price against tax in the year of purchase. Some incentive that. I’d be driving a BEV myself now if I was still self-employed. Likely an iPace mind.

13 hours ago, doog442 said:

I guess its also exempt from luxury car tax.  

Yes that was removed for EVs from last year.

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000

You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 12:03 AM, rayaans said:

However, recently I've ran it on the motorway and it seems to be getting 3.6 miles per kWh at a steady 70mph which would equate to 196 miles.

Near 200 miles range at 70mph from a 50kWh Battery would nothing short of class leading, and is not what reviewers state.

It would be good if you could post a real life run with average speed and consumption figures. For reference our Model X does 3 miles per kWh, and with a 75kWh Battery, with 65kWh usable net real life range at 70mph is just over 200 miles.

On 6/4/2021 at 3:47 PM, talaipwros said:

Hello.

Any updates regarding living with UX300e ?

Still happy? Range is good?

Cheers

Very happy with it. Range is fine for us to be honest. Again it's a second car so we're using the RX for long trips.

The car has no nav. When you connect your phone using usb to the car it comes up with Android auto or apple carplay when pressing home button. It's really simple. 

15 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Near 200 miles range at 70mph from a 50kWh battery would nothing short of class leading, and is not what reviewers state.

It would be good if you could post a real life run with average speed and consumption figures. For reference our Model X does 3 miles per kWh, and with a 75kWh battery, with 65kWh usable net real life range at 70mph is just over 200 miles.

I'm making a trip on Tuesday with the UXe. Will report back. On the motorway it's getting between 3 and 3.6 miles per kWh. 

In town it seems to dip. Gets about 2.3-2.5. Not particularly sure why. 

I did see the video. Not particularly sure what he means by noise. It has ASC so does drone on the motorway but I turned that off and it's silent. It's as quiet as my RX to be honest. I'd argue it's actually more quiet.

I haven't had this range issue either. I've never let it get down to below 20 miles. But even then I can get a good 45kw in

• Like 1

Should mention I've been driving it in eco mode exclusively. 

The throttle response is slightly too much in normal. And it's undriveable in Sport to the point where it spins the wheels on junctions with a tip of accelerator pedal

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links