Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

44 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You are extremely fortunate Chris to be provided with such a Company Car and I`m sure you will delighted with it.

I look forward to the photographs and a full report on its capabilities and performances when you have become sufficiently adjusted to it. A step up from a Gen4 Prius no doubt.

We look forward to you enjoying your Membership and to answering our formidable range of questions which will tax you and determine the extent to which you have indeed consumed the contents of the Owners Handbook.🤣

Do enjoy what promises to be a cracking car !👍

And John is certainly going to him know if he doesn’t read the manual before asking a question 😉🤣

• Haha 1

Come on lads, give me a break. You all know I was only joking, don`t you?

My new friend Chris needs a soft and comfortable introduction to the wonderful world that is Lexus. And we should all try to ensure that he receives it.🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Come on lads, give me a break. You all know I was only joking, don`t you?

My new friend Chris needs a soft and comfortable introduction to the wonderful world that is Lexus. And we should all try to ensure that he receives it.🤣🤣

I was teasing you John! Just don't mention ................ THE HANDBOOK!

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies all and you're right John, I am lucky to have the car. It was delivered by Lexus Hedge End who have been so helpful and provided great customer service. I drove just a few miles today and averaged 3.5 kw/h driving at a steady 60-70mph on the A303. It took some time to configure the (many) settings but the initial impressions are that the quality (paintwork, interior trim, panel gaps) are great, the ride is excellent and it just feels so solid. The Toyota Prius I had before had really thick door seals but the Lexus is even better. The doors thud shut too. I'll send some photos tomorrow. I hope to start reading the handbook later!  Regards, Chris   

• Like 4

Had my UX300E two weeks now - not got a picture of my car yet so attached is one copied from Lexus which is the correct colour

ux300e.jpg

• Like 4

Dear All, as promised, a picture of the UXe. I'll send more when the sun goes in as it makes getting a good glare free photo more difficult. The 360 degree panoramic view monitor is really handy for parking. We've done a mixture of shorter town and longer dual carriageway drives so far, averaging 3.4kw/h, including today in hot weather with the climate control on. The ride on the 18inch run flat tyres is better then expected and seems more composed over expansion joints and potholes than the Prius which had 15 inch alloys. The UX also has a good turn of speed when asked! The home charging wall box is a Hypervolt. 

Regards,

Chris

Hypervolt Charger.jpg

Lexus In Garage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chris UXe said:

Dear All, as promised, a picture of the UXe. I'll send more when the sun goes in as it makes getting a good glare free photo more difficult. The 360 degree panoramic view monitor is really handy for parking. We've done a mixture of shorter town and longer dual carriageway drives so far, averaging 3.4kw/h, including today in hot weather with the climate control on. The ride on the 18inch run flat tyres is better then expected and seems more composed over expansion joints and potholes than the Prius which had 15 inch alloys. The UX also has a good turn of speed when asked! The home charging wall box is a Hypervolt. 

Regards,

Chris

Hypervolt Charger.jpg

Lexus In Garage.jpg

Nice. How's the wallbox?

The UXe doesn't have run flat tyres. You should have a can of gunk in the boot

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

The UXe doesn't have run flat tyres. You should have a can of gunk in the boot

Interesting that none of the UXe models sold here in the UK have run flat tyres on either 17" or 18" wheels. As the UXe is the most recent model I wonder if it's an indication that Lexus are moving away from run flats or whether it's something that's necessary due to the extra weight of the UXe batteries.

• Like 1

Thanks and you're right about the tyres and can of gunk. We went for the Hypervolt as the app seemed really easy to use which I'm finding to be the case. The Lexus Link app suggests the current range based on the driving to date is 190-200 miles which I'm pleased with as I think the range on the Takumi model is 190 miles.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris UXe said:

Thanks and you're right about the tyres and can of gunk. We went for the Hypervolt as the app seemed really easy to use which I'm finding to be the case. The Lexus Link app suggests the current range based on the driving to date is 190-200 miles which I'm pleased with as I think the range on the Takumi model is 190 miles.     

The app is slightly misleading. The range shown initially is actually with air con off, so theoretical maximum range. When you click on it itll switch to showing range with air con on.

IMG_20210718_100207.thumb.jpg.2afcd4eaf7a3e873fa3bcd617ab991a2.jpg

Could help but take a photo when I went into the garage with the sun shining on it. Hasnt been washed in 2 months but still looks clean after coating

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

As I've had the UXe just over 3 weeks, I thought I'd share my impressions after 300 miles:

The estimated range on the (ok) Lexus Link App is 201 miles without a/c and 190 with which I'm pleased with. The majority of journeys have been on (very busy) A roads and motorways to Bournemouth and back, average speed around 60-65 mph in Eco mode and the air con on.

I did pre cool the car on one hot day to the 21 degrees C the Lexus app suggested and will do that again. The Hypervolt charger I've had installed is excellent as is the app- we have Economy 10 electricity so schedule charging where possible at the cheaper rate. We charged the car in the mother in law's garage using the 3 pin plug- I reduced the current draw to 8 amps using a configuration setting in the car to reduce her worry over it!

Also, I wondered if another owners have their car in 'Eco' mode? I just assumed that would be the most efficient but may be wrong!

The ride on 18 inch wheels is overall really good and there's no suspension noise or 'clanging' over expansion joints unlike my last company car, a Prius. Having test driven a UX Premium Sport with 18 inch run flats, the ride on the 18 inch non run flat 'UXe' seems a little better but appreciate ride comfort can be subjective.

The 'e' could be considered relatively expensive when you compare it's price and range compared to the competition but the overall quality is great- like the paint finish and the interior controls. The seats are very comfortable and there are no rattles yet- fingers crossed that continues! The overall refinement is very good- it seems like they put in a lot of sound deadening material.   

Overall, I'm very happy with my first Lexus and hope the above is of interest- please feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,

Chris       

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

thanks for that Chris, looks like you are enjoying a quality car - as expected by Lexus

You mentioned the App estimated range; any chance you can share the real life range?

Many thanks

36 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

thanks for that Chris, looks like you are enjoying a quality car - as expected by Lexus

You mentioned the App estimated range; any chance you can share the real life range?

Many thanks

So we've done 700 miles so far. 

Ours is consistently around 160-170 miles per charge. 

The car is left permanently in Eco mode. The normal mode is a bit too peaky. 

I've been getting more range than the app states with AC on

Should also mention that apple carplay works brilliantly. I've been using a combination of Waze and Spotify which works well. Youtube music is no good unless you have a premium account.

• Like 2

As some one who has a Zoe50 as well as his Lexus and has now done nine sets of 200 miles oop north, stay a few days then 200 miles back down south I can recommend trying to keep to 60/65 rather than 70 if you're not in a  hurry.  You should find the range improves.  Also once it gets colder be prepared for a shock.  Aircon does not use much power as it's not being driven off a crank pulley, however to heat up the air to keep the car warm and demist the windows, along with headlamps on and windscreen wipers on .... do not be surprised to see a drop in range of ~20-25%.

Last week I did the trip north in the Zoe (keeping costs down at the moment as the end of 100% furlough resulted in me job hunting) and at 60/65 I managed ~4.4 miles/kW.  Coming back down south on Saturday there was some heavy rain and I was driving at times closer to 70 with the result my consumption dropped to ~4.1 miles/kW.  Few more weeks and even at 60/65 I'll be looking at 3.8-3.9 miles/kW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LexIS200Sport said:

I drive a Nissan Leaf (our sole car at the moment) and concur 100% with @Dapprman.

I've had mine since march. It was quite cold but didn't notice a huge drop in range. It was maybe 10-15 miles noting more than that 

6 hours ago, rayaans said:

I've had mine since march. It was quite cold but didn't notice a huge drop in range. It was maybe 10-15 miles noting more than that 

700 miles in about 5 months?

5 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

700 miles in about 5 months?

Was pretty much April by the time I got it. And yes, it's mainly used as a school run/ shopping car. I occasionally use it but I'm in the RX most of the time 

14 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Was pretty much April by the time I got it. And yes, it's mainly used as a school run/ shopping car. I occasionally use it but I'm in the RX most of the time 

Not being rude here so please don’t take it this way. That is a very low mileage in 4 1/2 months. I thought you’d have tried to maximise the electric miles to make the purchase worthwhile?

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

Not being rude here so please don’t take it this way. That is a very low mileage in 4 1/2 months. I thought you’d have tried to maximise the electric miles to make the purchase worthwhile?

Our second cars usually are low mileage but we keep the vehicles for around 6-7 years 

I'm sure it'll get more use from September onwards

• Thanks 1