Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The UXe is almost the noisiest EV to be tested by Bjorn Nyland - a truly awful result.

image.thumb.png.a2b056975b9e56a32d58fcf7fdcd48c9.png

For a start the UXe comes with Michelin tyres most of the time. 

Additionally, it's almost as quiet as the RX at cruise and certainly quieter than the ES300h and my C200 as well as the Jag XE I had before that at 70mph

The Tesla model 3 we tested before buying the UX was louder at speed than my C200 so I'm not convinced the results actually show a true picture.

Either it's the Bridgestone causing a racquet or im simply a fool for buying a UXe outright 

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

For a start the UXe comes with Michelin tyres most of the time.

So you have inspected all vehicles and know for a fact that Michelin are used more, or is this just hyperbole?

Definitely a fact that the Bridgestone tyres that Lexus are using on both the UX and UXe are very poor for noise. Certainly if people get the choice they should avoid them. 

11 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The Tesla model 3 we tested before buying the UX was louder at speed than my C200 so I'm not convinced the results actually show a true picture.

The Tesla M3 isn't great for noise, one of its weaknesses which is why it is found mainly at the bottom of the list so I'm not really sure on the point you are trying to make - the list proves that fact.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

So you have inspected all vehicles and know for a fact that Michelin are used more, or is this just hyperbole?

Definitely a fact that the Bridgestone tyres that Lexus are using on both the UX and UXe are very poor for noise. Certainly if people get the choice they should avoid them. 

The Tesla M3 isn't great for noise, one of its weaknesses which is why it is found mainly at the bottom of the list so I'm not really sure on the point you are trying to make - the list proves that fact.

All the UXe in the UK have been on Michelin primacy. 

The list is suggesting that the UXe is close to the model 3. That's completely not the case. I've also driven the ID3 and thought that had more noise. 

Perhaps the tyre is to blame seen as though the model 3 is at the bottom and in the middle but even so, the UXe is one of the quietest cars available right now including against some of Lexus own vehicles like the ES

• Like 1

Dear All, I saw this quite interesting article on the Lexus EU media website:   

ALL-ELECTRIC UX 300e HERALDS NEW MILESTONE IN LEXUS’ SILENT REVOLUTION

I've found the noise levels on my UXe on 18inch tyres (the Michelin's Rayaan mentions) to be really low, including at motorway speeds. I had a 2017 Prius with 15 inch alloys before and it was much louder, even when it was in 'EV mode' around town. I'd agree with the ID3 comment too. Having driven a UXh Premium Sport with 18 inch run flats, it wasn't as quiet but would imagine that Lexus spend a lot of attention on ensuring good refinement and noise levels compared to their competitors.

I think their new EV the RZ450e (the Lexus version of the Toyota bZ4X) may be imminent- it'll be interesting to see the tyres used on it.     

47 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

Dear All, I saw this quite interesting article on the Lexus EU media website:   

ALL-ELECTRIC UX 300e HERALDS NEW MILESTONE IN LEXUS’ SILENT REVOLUTION

I've found the noise levels on my UXe on 18inch tyres (the Michelin's Rayaan mentions) to be really low, including at motorway speeds. I had a 2017 Prius with 15 inch alloys before and it was much louder, even when it was in 'EV mode' around town. I'd agree with the ID3 comment too. Having driven a UXh Premium Sport with 18 inch run flats, it wasn't as quiet but would imagine that Lexus spend a lot of attention on ensuring good refinement and noise levels compared to their competitors.

I think their new EV the RZ450e (the Lexus version of the Toyota bZ4X) may be imminent- it'll be interesting to see the tyres used on it.     

There's a lot of hogwash around. Like I said, I have an RX which is very quiet and I would say the UXe is on par in terms of outright quietness no matter what speed its travelling at. 

I do have a noise meter on my phone. Ill try to record it myself at some point

But.... because this is the internet, and everyone reads it and takes it as gospel:

Whatcar figures are completely opposite

Lexus UX300e -                                                              Volvo XC40 recharge 

Noise at 30mph 60.1dB                                           Noise at 30mph 60.5dB

Noise at 70mph 66.1dB                                          Noise at 70mph 67.3dB

Polestar 2                                                                         Tesla Model 3 performance

Noise at 30mph 61.8dB                                          Noise at 30mph 63.1dB

Noise at 70mph 68.5dB                                         Noise at 70mph 70.1dB

On 11/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, ganzoom said:

Really been looking forwards to see what Lexus can do on the EV front. 

The UXe is clearly a first gen EV product, with a 50kWh battery there is no way it'll do 250 miles, even 200 miles will be a struggle for it. But that will change with the next EV Lexus brings to market - hopefully with a bespoke EV platform. 

Our Tesla has needed this list of things fixing at 2 year old car and 30k.

1: Drivers side A pillar rebuilt 
2: New sun visors
3: New steering wheel
4: New door latches FWD
5: New door motor passenger side
6: New rear hatch latch 
7: New FWD sensors
8: New drivers seat
9: New front suspension links
10: New front drive shafts
11: New key fobs
12: New MCU screen
13: UV treatment for new MCU screen.

In addition, the driver door latch got stuck a few weeks ago and I couldn't close the door, and the front lower suspension links is now making a knocking noise!!

In contrast our IS300H has been faultless at nearly 5 years old, and if you open the bonnet its looks still brand new but just a covering of dust you would expect if you leave anything uncleaned for 5 years!!

44780161995_b87b151bf3_h.jpg 

We did have a Model 3 on order but cancelled it, am glad to see Lexus has finally joined the EV movement. We're happy to wait another few years and see how Lexus EVs develop, our IS300H will am sure go on and on and on, so no worries not that front with no rush to replace it. 

Which Tesla did you have with all the problems? 

9 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Which Tesla did you have with all the problems? 

He has a Model X, unfortunately when build quality and reliability wasn't great, half built in the poor American factory and then shipped over to Europe for final assembly. The new ones are much better built and they continuously improve the components used.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 4:07 PM, rayaans said:

So after turning off connected services and parking up the car for 3 days it started fine. Im sure thats probably whats been using the battery whilst the car is parked up.

Ive left it off and informed the dealer that I think its the connected services completely draining the battery and theyll pass it onto head office

hello, good afternoon

Got any updates on this one?

Cheers

56 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

hello, good afternoon

Got any updates on this one?

Cheers

Yes. So the car hasn't has an issue since. Recently just been on holiday for 10 days and it started up straight away so definitely connected services to blame

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, rayaans said:

Yes. So the car hasn't has an issue since. Recently just been on holiday for 10 days and it started up straight away so definitely connected services to blame

Great, that's reassuring!

Do you manage 160miles on winter? or is this too optimistic?

16 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Great, that's reassuring!

Do you manage 160miles on winter? or is this too optimistic?

I had about 150 miles from it which I thought was OK.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:07 PM, rayaans said:

So after turning off connected services and parking up the car for 3 days it started fine. Im sure thats probably whats been using the battery whilst the car is parked up.

Ive left it off and informed the dealer that I think its the connected services completely draining the battery and theyll pass it onto head office

I was just browsing lexus-tech.eu looking to see if there were any bug fixes for the plethora of MM19 bugs and found this on the UX300e pages.  You may want to take a look...may be a software update the dealer can apply.  It's dated 24/02/22:

BE-00698L-TME  

12V Battery flat due to possible too high dark current

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:48 PM, PDM said:

I was just browsing lexus-tech.eu looking to see if there were any bug fixes for the plethora of MM19 bugs and found this on the UX300e pages.  You may want to take a look...may be a software update the dealer can apply.  It's dated 24/02/22:

BE-00698L-TME  

12V battery flat due to possible too high dark current

Thats quite useful. I'll bring it up before the service and see if they can do the software update whilst its in

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links