Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Should mention I've been driving it in eco mode exclusively. 

The throttle response is slightly too much in normal. And it's undriveable in Sport to the point where it spins the wheels on junctions with a tip of accelerator pedal

Huh, interesting! I test-drove one a couple of weeks ago and loved it in sport mode, and found eco mode irritatingly lethargic. But then I am more used to riding hair-trigger motorcycles! I guess that's why they give you all three options - everybody is different!

Nick

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few more pictures today as I had the chance! I plugged it into charge, went from 90 miles to about 130 in 5 hours so pretty pleased. Ive also just set up the Lexus Link app so itll take about 2

Hello All, This is my first post on this forum. It's been really interesting to see all the comments about the UXe- especially about how it drives and the Battery range. I have a Takumi Pack

Really been looking forwards to see what Lexus can do on the EV front.  The UXe is clearly a first gen EV product, with a 50kWh Battery there is no way it'll do 250 miles, even 200 miles will be

Posted Images

6 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

Huh, interesting! I test-drove one a couple of weeks ago and loved it in sport mode, and found eco mode irritatingly lethargic. But then I am more used to riding hair-trigger motorcycles! I guess that's why they give you all three options - everybody is different!

Nick

I found it difficult to drive smoothly in Sport. Normal was OK-ish but I found ECO the best for overall smoothness 

21 hours ago, rayaans said:

Very happy with it. Range is fine for us to be honest. Again it's a second car so we're using the RX for long trips.

The car has no nav. When you connect your phone using usb to the car it comes up with Android auto or apple carplay when pressing home button. It's really simple. 

I'm making a trip on Tuesday with the UXe. Will report back. On the motorway it's getting between 3 and 3.6 miles per kWh. 

In town it seems to dip. Gets about 2.3-2.5. Not particularly sure why. 

It'll be interesting to see how you get on, I've never seen any EV been more efficient at 70mph versus 30mph purely based on the physics of air resistance as speed builds up.

Last weekend I did 160 miles in our Tesla, a bit of traffic slowed us down but otherwise it was 70-75mph all the way.

You can see even managing over 3kWh with a 75kWh (66kWh usable) Battery its just over 200 miles of range. So if you are getting 200 miles range from a sub 50kWh Battery at 70mph that really is class leading efficiency - which none of the reviews of the UXe has submitted, most have found the opposite.

51227609915_d0405fb611_c_d.jpg

So i put in 29.2kwh today. It went up from 59 mile range to 157 on the app. So its estimating a consumption based on previous usage at 3.3 miles/kwh as it stands. Not sure why because my last trip was 2.7miles/kwh 

Okay so Ive just done a 42.2 mile trip in ECO mode. Approximately 38 miles were motorway at 75 mph adaptive cruise control. AC running the whole way and temperature outside was 18-23 degrees. Started off with 157 miles and pulled up at home with 118 miles remaining. 

I reset the miles/kwh reading at the beginning. It was doing around 3.6miles/kwh  when I got to the motorway. When I got home it was on 3.2 miles/kwh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I reset the miles/kwh reading at the beginning. It was doing around 3.6miles/kwh  when I got to the motorway. When I got home it was on 3.2 miles/kwh

So it looks like in summer at 70mph you are getting around 3 miles per kWh. The usable pack size of the UX e is around 50kWh, so essentially around 150 miles M way range in summer. Thats not far off what reviews show.

• Like 1

It is clear, as proved on my 50 mile Use road test, the Range is significantly reduced @ National Speed limit & above & in cold temperatures.

There is a long way to go for E-cars to be established.

Tel

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ganzoom said:

So it looks like in summer at 70mph you are getting around 3 miles per kWh. The usable pack size of the UX e is around 50kWh, so essentially around 150 miles M way range in summer. Thats not far off what reviews show.

75mph w/ short bursts of 80mph to overtake vehicles that couldnt maintain a constant speed! The range went down by 39 miles, yet the odometer went up by 42 miles lol.

The Battery was not fully charged. I put in around 29.2kwh and stopped it at 90%. So on a full charge I would expect around 175 miles showing on the range-o-meter. The Lexus Link app gives two different ranges. One with AC and one without. Without AC, at 90% it was showing 176 miles. I understand no one would drive without AC on but its just interesting to know

3 hours ago, Tel said:

It is clear, as proved on my 50 mile Use road test, the Range is significantly reduced @ National Speed limit & above & in cold temperatures.

Tel

I havent experienced cold temperatures in the UXe yet so cant comment

However, from my experience, the range in the UXe remains relatively consistent despite journey types.

• Like 1

Just to be clear the Winter reference was from 2 Tesla owners  I chatted to after a 5 mile drive in a Belgium UXe supplied by Lexus UK in February 

Tel

6 hours ago, Tel said:

Tel

Nissan leaf 62 tekna at 28K 0% pcp.

Looks like a very good way to get E-cars established ( hopefully will not end up on an AA platform like the ID3)

• Haha 1

Since the mid -70s to early 2020 my cars needed to be luxurious bulletproof Continental cruisers & I still cling to that need.

E-cars are perfect for 2021 & the UXe is the best I have driven on the pot-holed UK congested roads.

We were a 2 car family but now have 1,

Tel

Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum. It's been really interesting to see all the comments about the UXe- especially about how it drives and the Battery range.

I have a Takumi Pack model on order (as a company car) and decided on Mercury Grey with a black interior in the end. There were many other EV's available but I went for the Lexus because of their reputation for quality and excellent dealer service.  

I'm currently investigating a home charger and will post some pictures when it arrives, which will be another 4-6 weeks.  

Best wishes,

Chris

• Like 4

Am looking at a second EV for the house hold the range and price of the UX E is actually OK. Pretty much every half decent EV starts at £40-50k these days.

The problem is the IS300H that it be replacing is simply proving to be TOO RELIABLE!!!

Its done just 34k in coming up to 7 years, I've started to skip the annual oil service as its used so little, but even than its not using a drop of oil/coolant/brake fluid between 2 year services. Still returning 45-50mpg, and with petrol prices at a very stable £1.25/l, its costing less than a few hundred £ per year to refuel + VED is only £10/year. Its simply so cheap and hassle free to own/run, spending £40-50k on ANY new car to replace it seems crazy.

So because of Lexus build quality and reliability we simply cannot find any reason why we need a new car to replace the IS......at this rate even by 2030 I don't think there would be a 'logical' argument to replace the IS!!!

51229590994_ada2ad823b_k_d.jpg

• Like 1

Agree entirely, and as I forecasted in an earlier piece this will be an unintended consequence of the Lexus Relax programme. The same resistance to change is being seen in the smartphone market. Vendors are touting their latest model iteration as "game-changing" when in fact, the user, sees them as being not significant enough in either functionality or economically to warrant a change. And when you add the mantra word "sustainability" to the debate the argument not to change is even more compelling. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it does it? 😎

• Like 1