Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What issues do 4th series RX450h Have?

I had a 4RX for nearly 2 years and had zero major issues. It all works well and I got about 33mpg overall with mixed driving.

I had a rubber trim seal around the rear door come off due to the double sided tape not being sticky enough. The bottom of the front doors collect road dirt easily so you need to brush these when you wash the car. Apart from these very minor issues all was fine.

Got a vibration/resonance at 1150 to 1200 rpm. Not cured it yet, but I’ll either get to the bottom of it or tolerate it until it’s time to change. There are two posts on the forum about this kind of fault.

3 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Got a vibration/resonance at 1150 to 1200 rpm. Not cured it yet, but I’ll either get to the bottom of it or tolerate it until it’s time to change. There are two posts on the forum about this kind of fault.

I was aware of this but in an hour long test drive didn't detect anything in the one I drove (and subsequently have purchased.

• Thanks 1

This is my issue ( resonance & vibration )  with the 4 series RX.  Other than that it's an absolutely fabulous car. The only solution for me was to get shot and take a gamble that a new one would be better. It is much better but the problem is still there to a certain extent. During my first year of owning the 4RX I drove about 6 in total whilst they looked  at mine. Only one of those 6 was as smooth as my old series 2RX  but none was as bad as mine. I'm hoping Colin can work out how so much engine vibration is getting through into the cabin.

Alan

I dont have any engine vibrations, its silky smooth.

The two issues I have had is the rear door seal coming off. It was replaced with a newer version which is a lot stickier and since then no problems. The second thing was it developed an intermittent misfire. They changed the faulty injector and had no issues since.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links