Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks for your input Derek, it's not the map update that I am looking for, just the firmware.  I had a couple of updates done free of charge when I had my IS but I haven't been able to identify the latest version for my NX.

Hi Geoff,

What does that firmware update relate to?.When I did my map update last year it included a firmware update as well but maybe that was just for the map section.I was not aware there was a firmware update for anything other than the nav system.Perhaps that update is only on the NX models and not the RX 450H.My rx has been serviced every year since new and I have never been quoted if I wanted the firmware updated.I did ask about the map update and Lexus Plymouth wanted about £280,so I did it myself from the Toyota site for £55.

Hi again Derek, I had a couple of updates to the firmware carried out on the two IS's that I have owned and there was no charge on each occasion.  Apparently the firmware is what runs the in-car system.

When I spoke to Lexus today, they said that when the car is in for service which mine was today, they said that they always check what version is installed and then update as necessary.

When I had the IS I was able to check the versions to see if I was up-to-date. Now I've got the NX I haven't been able to do that, don't know why though.  That's really why I asked the question, to see if I could verify the situation.

What year maps did you get for £55.00?  That is certainly a more realistic price for a map update.  I have been in lengthy correspondence with Leus regarding the cost of their map updates, I have even sent them links to websites where updates for other makes are pitched around the £50.00 mark.  All, they say is that they will refer the matter up but I have never heard anymore from them.

Have you got a link to your update?

Yeh Geoff,

This is the link..https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates >>current price is $79..(Current exchange rates mean its a bit more than the £55 that I paid) ..its all legit.Map updates are done twice a year so the new updates for 2019 were issued in October.Its all explained on the site what you need to do..

Firmware version will depend on which Nav system you have. 
The standard system (with dial control) and premium system (with remote touch) have different software. Which do you have and what version are you currently running?

The screen shots below show the latest firmware versions according to the Lexus Tech website. I would guess you have the 13CY system, but please compare the pictures to see which system you have. There are slight differences in the graphics between the two systems.  Note: there is a slight chance that this info is out of date as the latest map data is a year old - they may not have updated this part of the site. 

4DF288E1-291D-4439-A1D3-D0404C34615E.thumb.jpeg.0e7622325877b0f676f03d66dd8392df.jpeg

B46F6026-ED5D-4E2A-8245-463FB9469E8C.thumb.jpeg.5fe3696e94d5ed4fbd5023430cf1d007.jpeg

Yeh Geoff,

This is the link..https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates >>current price is $79..(Current exchange rates mean its a bit more than the £55 that I paid) ..its all legit.Map updates are done twice a year so the new updates for 2019 were issued in October.Its all explained on the site what you need to do..

Hello Phil,

I updated my map software last year on the Toyota link,I am now using map version 02-18-51 (2018-06-11)..Map update ID 1103-1610-1208-2259.I guess I have the premium version as I use the remote menu button on the center console to acces the Nav screen.

• 8 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 4:58 PM, bluenose1940 said:

Just had a look at my system and can see the following............

Map version - 02-34-50 (2014-07-0)

Software -  VC181006

Data Update  -  130379186007576

Toyotamaps have confirmed my setup as 13CY

Hello Geoff,

I have a NX 300h from 2017 (pre-facelift) with a 13CY Version.

I would be interested if you updated your system yet? I am interested in an update as well.

16 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

I'm just waiting for a reply to see if they have the latest update yet.  As soo as I hear I will post.

Very good. I ordered an update just now. Let’s see how they respond.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, bluenose1940 said:

I'm just waiting for a reply to see if they have the latest update yet.  As soo as I hear I will post.

Hello Geoff,

I installed the update an hour ago and all worked as described. I attach a picture with the update version.

The map data says 2019-10-0

IMG_0065.PNG

On 8/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, stephschad said:

Hello Geoff,

I installed the update an hour ago and all worked as described. I attach a picture with the update version.

The map data says 2019-10-0

IMG_0065.PNG

Hi again, I received a reply this morning from Toyota Maps On-Line, image attached. I imagine that it is the same update that you have installed.

Toyota maps online.jpg

9 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi again, I received a reply this morning from Toyota Maps On-Line, image attached. I imagine that it is the same update that you have installed.

Toyota maps online.jpg

Exactly right. Val told me that newer maps might come in October. 
I am happy to have replaced my maps from 2016 though.

So you're one update behind at the moment then Stephan?

You're quite happy with the way the process went then, any hiccups at all?

I think that my maps must be 2013/14.

I will probably go for it either later this week or the beginning of next.

9 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

So you're one update behind at the moment then Stephan?

You're quite happy with the way the process went then, any hiccups at all?

I think that my maps must be 2013/14.

I will probably go for it either later this week or the beginning of next.

I could have waited for the update in October but that’s ok. There will always be a new update around the corner.

The process went smooth and not too complicated to perform if you follow the instructions. The thing you need is some time as you have to download the files, create the USB stick and perform the update. That took around two hours in total.

Now the new A-road close to my town is recognized at last 🙂. I don’t like to drive in the “woods” when a new road was built.

P.S. Might be only a subjective observation but I believe the whole user experience works a bit smoother now.

• 5 months later...

Do I understand correctly:

the update from toyotamaps.online will update the os or is just an map update?

From the obove picture looks like will update the os as well. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links