Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF - 2.5 years in....

2.5 years into my ISF now and still love it just as much as the day I bought it, If not even more. 

Quite a few mods so far with some more to come once it stops being so cold/wet outside. 

Here's a shot from when i'd not had it long (with just one or two subtle mods) to a couple of shots of it now with a quite a few more additions. 

I think these are pretty low res images so may upload a few better ones if they don't come out great. 

Enjoy!! 

Screenshot_20191127_185547.thumb.jpg.74a44375e715e99762a7558d998e4813.jpg

Screenshot_20191127_185835.thumb.jpg.d7b2593d4f92c09684c18f22ccf539a0.jpg

Screenshot_20191127_185731.thumb.jpg.40d7576ae46ea24a087f99df95a253ca.jpg

• Like 9

Nice shots Dan the paint always looks spotless!

Got to agree ive had roughly the same time and far from board yet,id have normally been through a load of motors by now suppose that shows just how good they are.

Whats your future plans?Id love the supercharger at some point just not sure its worth it to just be used on sunny dry days which are rare were i am infact its pi££ing it down as i type👍

21 hours ago, NothernDan said:

2.5 years into my ISF now and still love it just as much as the day I bought it, If not even more. 

Quite a few mods so far with some more to come once it stops being so cold/wet outside. 

Here's a shot from when i'd not had it long (with just one or two subtle mods) to a couple of shots of it now with a quite a few more additions. 

I think these are pretty low res images so may upload a few better ones if they don't come out great. 

Enjoy!! 

Screenshot_20191127_185547.thumb.jpg.74a44375e715e99762a7558d998e4813.jpg

Screenshot_20191127_185835.thumb.jpg.d7b2593d4f92c09684c18f22ccf539a0.jpg

Screenshot_20191127_185731.thumb.jpg.40d7576ae46ea24a087f99df95a253ca.jpg

Nearly five years with mine, still look back when walking away 👍🏻........is that my front lip spoiler? 😂😂.......looking good 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Nearly five years with mine, still look back when walking away 👍🏻........is that my front lip spoiler? 😂😂.......looking good 👍🏻

Lol!!! 

Yes it is. 

You'd have hated it!! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Nice shots Dan the paint always looks spotless!

Got to agree ive had roughly the same time and far from board yet,id have normally been through a load of motors by now suppose that shows just how good they are.

Whats your future plans?Id love the supercharger at some point just not sure its worth it to just be used on sunny dry days which are rare were i am infact its pi££ing it down as i type👍

Freshly washed on each occasion mate! 

Got a few more CF upgrades to go on (bonnet and rear bumper spats) then defo want headers and a different exhaust plus I've got a design for a custom airbox that'll be perfected with a bit of input from Rich "induction" Twells. 

The man Twellsie has a custom (UK cracked) map on his in testing as we speak so wanna take a look at that too. 

Not keen on the supercharger as by all accounts (like you say), you just end up with an undriveable car unless you wanna go wide body or just use it on the track, neither of which appeal. 

Sorry to all the performance-first boys and girls but mine is looks first, noise next and everything else after that. 

Keen on a stereo upgrade too but that's last on my list. 

Sadly it looks like I'll need a new steering rack before most of the above though. Good job I put the cash for the warranty Lexus wouldn't give me into a savings account 😁😁, totally fine with that after 2.5 years of very happy, flat out most of the time, motoring!! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Keen on a stereo upgrade too but that's last on my list.

Thats what im looking into quite like that tesla style touch screen that Ian's done. 

Yea the supercharger definitely would be a waste were i live,if there was less rain id have done it already but its not exactly a slow car and to be honest i think i need to save for a speed boat ive only just been able to my unit after 2 weeks the floods were literally meters away from wiping my stock and personal motors out.

Whats wrong with the rack? Last time i checked there was 2 breaking 1 at nippon and 1 at jap parts in dewsbury id be suprised if they've sold very surprised infact,the 1 at dewsbury was the revised model 2 so you could get the steering ecu its a popular mod over seas apparently tightens the response up.

2 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Whats wrong with the rack? Last time i checked there was 2 breaking 1 at nippon and 1 at jap parts in dewsbury id be suprised if they've sold very surprised infact,the 1 at dewsbury was the revised model 2 so you could get the steering ecu its a popular mod over seas apparently tightens the response up.

Definitely some useful info there Wayne, thanks bud!!

I'm suffering with a bit of Rattly McRattly Rack!! 😩

Feels like when your drop links have gone on your BMW 3 series. You just get a loose rattly getting through the steering wheel when going slow over bumps or uneven ground, not there at speed. 

Lexus says it could be play in the stab links, track rod ends, rack ends or the rack itself. 

About a grand to do the first 3, about 3 grand to do the rack but it comes with rack ends. My thoughts were do the first 2 and if the noise is still there do the rack and rack ends. Maybe second hand like you say though. 

Lexus reckon there is a small amount of play in them all 🤔🤔🤔

Hmmmmm, I reckon there's a small amount of bollo# and an opportunity to charge someone the earth! 

Defo seeking a second opinion before I take the plunge. 

• Sad 1

Mate that doesn't sound good

but also doesn't sound like it should cost the price of a good used car id defo get second opinion i wonder if the steering rack is ISF specific? would make it a lot cheaper job if not,either way fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:33 PM, NothernDan said:

Definitely some useful info there Wayne, thanks bud!!

I'm suffering with a bit of Rattly McRattly Rack!! 😩

Feels like when your drop links have gone on your BMW 3 series. You just get a loose rattly getting through the steering wheel when going slow over bumps or uneven ground, not there at speed. 

Lexus says it could be play in the stab links, track rod ends, rack ends or the rack itself. 

About a grand to do the first 3, about 3 grand to do the rack but it comes with rack ends. My thoughts were do the first 2 and if the noise is still there do the rack and rack ends. Maybe second hand like you say though. 

Lexus reckon there is a small amount of play in them all 🤔🤔🤔

Hmmmmm, I reckon there's a small amount of bollo# and an opportunity to charge someone the earth! 

Defo seeking a second opinion before I take the plunge. 

The one at Nippon auto breakers was the ex humberside police car so not sure any of the mechanical parts that might wear are what you want? 🤔. I'm local @NothernDan if you want me to see if they still have it.

51 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

The one at Nippon auto breakers was the ex humberside police car so not sure any of the mechanical parts that might wear are what you want? 🤔. I'm local @NothernDan if you want me to see if they still have it.

Thanks bud. I'll keep you posted once I get a second opinion 😊👍😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Thanks bud. I'll keep you posted once I get a second opinion 😊👍😊

Dan, if a second opinion is what your after I can’t recommend Westfield Motors in Rawreth enough, both Ian and Chris are ex Toyota/Lexus mechanics and are absolutely brilliant, half the price of Lexus too 👍🏻

34 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Dan, if a second opinion is what your after I can’t recommend Westfield Motors in Rawreth enough, both Ian and Chris are ex Toyota/Lexus mechanics and are absolutely brilliant, half the price of Lexus too 👍🏻

Ta fella, will take a look now. 😎

• Like 1