Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

took the 'ol gal for an m.o.t today as it was due mid December and it passed. [emoji106] However, the advisories listed both back boxes have a very slight blow, all the pads are legal but should be replaced and the handbrake needs some adjustment. So... I'll be booking it in to have the work done anyway with the parts I've ordered. I've managed to get the back boxes via eBay after some favourable recommendations

Ironically the German made exhaust will be shipped from Poland and should arrive in a week.

...and the pads I've got from Euro car parts. A set of brembo's for £49.48 with their 50% off discount code

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

c045c276dbc7a1ee63e811a86b79460f.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex - eleven said:

took the 'ol gal for an m.o.t today as it was due mid December and it passed. emoji106.png However, the advisories listed both back boxes have a very slight blow, all the pads are legal but should be replaced and the handbrake needs some adjustment. So... I'll be booking it in to have the work done anyway with the parts I've ordered. I've managed to get the back boxes via eBay after some favourable recommendations

Ironically the German made exhaust will be shipped from Poland and should arrive in a week.

...and the pads I've got from Euro car parts. A set of brembo's for £49.48 with their 50% off discount code

c045c276dbc7a1ee63e811a86b79460f.jpg

That looks very good value?

• Like 1

I had to read the original post twice - I thought it said 'both black boxes'.  I guess even the 430 doesn't have a flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder.

Well done, anyway.

• Like 1

I had to read the original post twice - I thought it said 'both black boxes'.  I guess even the 430 doesn't have a flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder.
Well done, anyway.
Funnily, they're 2 black, back boxes. [emoji1]

Hi Mark

Just for future reference can you please let us know how the new exhaust compares to the original set up in terms of:

• Noise inside and outside
  • Ease of fitment - were any additional parts required

I also noticed that the new exhaust has chrome tips which the pre-facelift ls430 does not have as the exhaust is hidden?

Hi Mark
Just for future reference can you please let us know how the new exhaust compares to the original set up in terms of:
  • Noise inside and outside
  • Ease of fitment - were any additional parts required
I also noticed that the new exhaust has chrome tips which the pre-facelift ls430 does not have as the exhaust is hidden?
Yes of course I'll let you all know and put up some pics. This is for my '55' plate hence the straight pipe ends with the chrome tips. The feedback I read about someone else's experience with these was that they were a good fit, quiet and considerably cheaper than what the company who fitted them could make them for. The only 'niggle' was that the pipe ends were a little off centre and although they were not bothered by it they mentioned it to to seller so that may have been addressed now, but to be honest, for the price it wouldn't bother me either.

Yes I remember about the tips not being in centre - if you could confirm if this has been addressed or not please.
Did you also buy the fitting kit that the seller mentions?
No I didn't bother. If the garage can't use the existing one's they should be able to work around it.

14 hours ago, steve2006 said:

My LS400 is still on its original exhaust at 25 years plus........stainless steel makes all the difference, just a pity Lexus lowered their own standards and reverted to mild steel.

and when my indy did a little welding to fix the downpipe joint at the last MOT he thought the whole exhaust pipework still looked like " new " and would probably last forever ( see me out anyway ! )

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Well the jobs have all been done and the exhausts look and sound great. The company have obviously taken on board the comments about the exhausts were slightly offset and rectified that so happy days. d410117d79cbe3558055025d95709ff0.jpg2e4def92879a1aec8599fac8d4ed7feb.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links