Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Suspension moves backward while braking

Khanabb

Hi. Need help bigtime.  This forum is the last hope to get this problem rectified before this car goes as a part ex. I dont know if any of you felt gs450h behaving this way but I have seen only couple of threads online for this kind of problem with Ford and some other brand.  

Car in question is 2012 gs450h f sport. 

When brakes are slightly tapped it feels like as the front suspension moves backwards a bit with a not too loud click sound. This click sound and backward jerk of front suspension becomes much more noticeable after few miles of driving in the morning. If one looks from outside then you can clearly see the front tyres move 1 inch backwards when brake is lightly touched and that movement is not in circular motion its straight pull. And in reverse they move about 1 inch forward. Recently changed the bushes which hold the back end of front wishbones on both sides but to no avail. These bushes are fitted in eye like metal fittings.

Did anyone ever felt this issue with their lexus. 

Any clue will be much appreciated. 

Are you sure it's not the suspension compressing and the wheel arch giving the impression of forward or real movement? 50 mm of movement between forward and reverse would be a big movement and should be something relatively obvious as to the cause?

Dear Chris,  its definitely not the suspension compression. If you hold the gear stick and just tap brakes then it feels like the engine or the whole gearbox moves with a jerk. movement or the this jerk is load and obvious. In the beginning there was a issue with the front warped disks which were replaced and then the bushes I mentioned were changed but the problem still remains.  there is definitely a major movement in the front suspension front and backwards. all the bushes on the front suspension are checked and are fine.

• 3 weeks later...