Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Claim

Hey all, 

Anyone got experience with insurance claims or been involved in accident similar to my situation: as below

Little while ago my car got hit at a supermarket car park (damage not that bad) the other party reversed their car into the front corner of the bumper while I already stopped as his car was in front of me and then he put the car in reverse so I beeped as he got closer but sadly it was too late !!!, anyway I heard from my insurance co that the other party not accepting liability and saying I hit them and just over a week ago due to no witnesses (they had 3 other people in the car that were family members so this is not classed individual witnesses) my insurance said down to my word against their etc so had to settle for 50/50 liability but still not heard from other party if they are accepting 50/50 or want to take it further, is there anything more I can do ? The other party not presented any evidence that puts me at fault (there wouldn't be any!!) so would it be possible for this to go court, what with the costs involved ? Obviously if it did go court then that force me to take action and legal advise but not sure what else I can provide since no witness and the CCTV outside is not live recording to my disbelief and annoyance when I and my insurance requested it through the normal process via the head office !! any advise ?? Thanks !

Sorry to hear, what a sh*te person to counter claim. Your insurance policy probably have legal cover so it should not be a worry about legal expense, besides the other car obviously will not be able to provide evidence as they hit u! So 100% it will not go to court. 

Perhap get a dashcam for the future, I know it won't pick up everything from the front. Heard a lot about scenario's like this and hope it doesn't happen to me one day. 

Many years ago I was shunted onto the M1 motorway by a HGV who cut across my lane on a roundabout. My insurers also tried a 50/50 liability claim but I objected, telling them that I would not accept this outcome. A week later the 3rd party was deemed wholly at fault. Contact your insurer, request copies of any correspondence from the 3rd party and reject the 50/50 outcome.

Also as suggested buy a dash cam.

5 hours ago, ghost_killer said:

Anyone got experience with insurance claims or been involved in accident similar to my situation: as below

yes and if it's Adrian Flux the insurer ............  you just need to roll over and accept you're never going to be right whatever the rights or wrongs of the case

if it's Saga then you will probably fare better , maybe

but what you do know is that without independent witnesses you will never win any argument with insurers who will NOT back you, their paying customer, at the end of the day if they can settle cheaper by ignoring you

Malc

Thanks all,

Well I now got a dash cam just a cheap one from China, gonna get a better one next year for both front rear and also records while car is off my mates got one and was beneficial !!! Since the other party got informed about 50/50 claim they not responded so not sure what they are up to, just like to be prepared if they take this further and yes I will ask my insurer for correspondence the 3rd party made, although I did recall my insurer saying something about hitting into them when they were reversing into a space but there was no empty spaces !!! Sadly I did not take pictures of parking bays at the time - why would you ? Unless you knew they were going to say that which would been impossible at the time ! Also annoyed about the supermarket cctv that's not live recording, only records if/when the security guards wishes to do so !! As I was relying on that evidence to support my case !!

The insurers love 50/50 as you both loose your no claims and or have a fault accident on your insurance record.

ive used Adrian Flux for a lot of years but sounds like their claims help is not too good?