Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vented/heated seats blowing cold

Hi guys,

Just picked up an IS220d SE-L and I love it already! I think this will be a keeper. I did a sniff test and the head gasket seems to be good, so that's a relief!

Everything seems to work, apart from the heated seats. Whether they're on or off, the seats blow cold air. No indicator light on the switches either. Any ideas? I realised when I inspected the car that the heaters didn't work and I was happy with that, but actually blowing cold air with no way to turn it off is pretty uncomfortable in winter!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/867702-2006-is350-issues-with-cooled-heated-seats.html

I found this thread on Club Lexus and it sounds the same, but just thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas!

Thanks in advance :)

post a picture of the seat controls - they are located on an SE-L beside the cigarette ash tray. Its either left for cooling and right for heating or the opposite way around, cant remember and its too cold to go outside to check... but either way there is an indicator light to tell you they are on.

Unless you are doing the miles in this car, other than a "sniff test", have you thoroughly researched the issues with these diesel models?

Right, I'm a numbskull. Just went to have a look and removed the trim with the heated seat knobs in it. The switch had simply become disconnected, like in that thread!

Sorry to bother the forum with a non-issue!

Just now, is200 Newbie said:

post a picture of the seat controls - they are located on an SE-L beside the cigarette ash tray. Its either left for cooling and right for heating or the opposite way around, cant remember and its too cold to go outside to check... but either way there is an indicator light to tell you they are on.

Unless you are doing the miles in this car, other than a "sniff test", have you thoroughly researched the issues with these diesel models?

I have, this is a car to do fairly big motorway miles so with any luck, it'll turn out to be the right thing!

It's a bit late now anyway, it's on the drive and paid for 🙂