Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth problem audio works but not phone calls

Lindestaf

Hi i've an Lexus CT200h 2013 with the panasonic media system. It works good streaming audio to the system but when im trying to make a call with the phone (using the phone, the vocie controll dont work) the system puts on pause.  I have tried to following this vidoe when connecting the phone:

And have noticed that i cant choose "device type".

Now im thinking:

1) Is my Iphone XR not comaptible and i need to update the car

2) mabye my car cant make calls?

3) im stupied and dont know how to make a call with my car.

Im very thanksfull for help and yes i have been searching the web for information. 🙂 

/Johan

lexus.jpg

ring Lexus here are their details, they will tell you if your phone is compatible

Lexus Customer Relations and all other enquiries

To speak to a member of the team at Lexus Head office:

Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 6pm

Open Saturday from 9am - 1pm

(excluding bank holidays)

0345 129 5484

I phoned Lexus about my Iphone 8 Plus that wouldn’t connect. They’re totally useless and unhelpful saying my 2011 CT is now too old to match the phone.
Anyway after lots of unpairing and deleting phones it’s now all working ok so Lexus don’t know wtf they are talking about.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 12/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, stormchaser said:

I phoned Lexus about my iPhone 8 Plus that wouldn’t connect. They’re totally useless and unhelpful saying my 2011 CT is now too old to match the phone.
Anyway after lots of unpairing and deleting phones it’s now all working ok so Lexus don’t know wtf they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the same media system as me?

Are you able to make calls aswell? 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried unpairing your phone and pairing it up again?

In my NX, when I start the car I get two different messages: one to say that the phone is connected, the other to say that the media player is connected (not sure of the exact wording). Very occasionally, one comes up, but not the other, which results in my being able to make/receive calls but not streaming music or the other way around.

Also, when you pair the phone again from scratch, you should get two prompts on the phone to enable phone calls and music streaming. Make sure you reply to enable both.