Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Mincey and I'm back!

Mincey

After nearly 12 extremely happy, exciting, reliable and fulfilling years with my trusty IS250 SE-L, "that" day finally came today. With a heavy heart, I traded her in for an IS300h F Sport at Lexus Leicester. I had the exact same "I have to have this car" feeling when I got into the F Sport as I did when I got into my IS250 all those years ago. I'll miss her. I'll miss the roar she makes when I push her loud pedal to the floor. I'll miss the smile which is always on my face when I lock her after we have been on a long journey together. She's been a faithful friend over the past 121,500 miles. We've had many adventures together. She's saved my life on more than one occasion. She was Vmaxed on the A1M after my wife had a serious accident at work and I needed to get to her in a hurry, and she didn't bat a headlamp washer. She has been victorious in many battles with German opposition over the years. She is probably the only IS to have transported an HP A0 plotter from Runcorn to Dewsbury. To friends and colleagues, she was known as "The Car With All The Buttons". 

I hope she's not scrapped but finds someone who'll enjoy her for a year or two more. She's barely run in.

Now the wait until Tuesday when I can collect the F Sport home begins.

• Like 8

On 12/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, Zuke said:

Fantastic ! let us know how you like you new baby !!

Definitely - roll on Tuesday....

On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 PM, scudney said:

Well done and congratulations on your new purchase,hopefully she will serve you just as well 👍

I'm sure she will. I will be sad to see the old girl go though. A last hurrah in Sport mode down the A47 and some serious amber on the rev counter on the dualled bits will be a fitting send off I think.

Just having a last tidy up in the IS250. A quick hoover, dust, make sure that only the manual, service book, touchscreen cleaner, touch up paint and wheel nut remover are in the glove box, empty the centre console, check the door/seat pockets etc. Locked her up then thought "did I check the CD player was empty? Three discs were inside which I'd completely forgotten about. I wonder how many discs every car dealer in the country inherits ever year?

First impressions: wow.

I love the auto high beam headlights. The LED lights are amazing. Mpg - an enthusiastic drive back from Leicester resulted in 46.2mpg. Performance and comfort are satisfying. Handling and the feel of solidness on the road are better than my IS250. Tonight's homework: RTFM!

• Like 4

Day 2: Despite much trying, I can't get photos on a FAT32 USB stick to display on the screen (it plays mp3 from the same stick - I've posted my woes on another thread). I also can't get Lexus Link to work - where's the serial number for the navigation system? I checked a video on YouTube and my nav doesn't have any "online" options which I can find. This is not an issue though, I can live without it. I've put my LOC stickers on the rear quarter panes. This meant sitting in the back for the first time. Now, I'm 5'11" and have probably had more than my fair share of pies, beer and wine over the years, so I'm quite a lardy chuffer. Even with the driver's seat in my normal fairly reclined position (not quite Detroit Leaning), there's still acres of legroom behind in the back. I was very impressed. Took the Bread Knife to several garden centres this afternoon to look for Christmas ornaments. As we were paying for some old tat in one of them, I saw my IS out of the window waiting in the car park and it really did look the business. I'm still a very happy bunny.

Oh, and the other good thing is the instant boot opening. Press the button on the boot lid and it opens, not like my Gen 2 which had a few seconds delay. Tick VG.

• Like 1