Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Bluetooth on IS250

Civicata

The set up you bought Zoricib. I've got it plumbed in and I say thanks again for posting it. Excellent bit of stuff and sound is bob on. 👍

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 3:21 AM, juicestop said:

Bruce thanks for the recommendation! installed it last week and it's great! can use steering wheel controls to skip tracks and it's recognised as a second cd/dvd magazine. Sound quality is awesome too! The bass really comes through now!

Blimey I forgot about this thread. Typical me lol. Zoricib I went through 2 of those BMW Bluetooth units. Initially worked great but after a few weeks the unit made the music sound awful. No bass etc. The 2nd one didn't fair better. I'm using a different one now and for a good few weeks. Excellent and my music sounds awesome. 

That unit above looks good and has steering wheel control too. Good of you to post your results on it. 👍

To Bruce and Zoricib. I've been thinking about the Bluetooth adapter you have which connects to the rear of the head unit. It reminds me of a Yatour unit I bought from the same German seller. When I came to fit the Yatour I found that where the Yatour fits the 6+6 socket was bare as in no lead was plugged into it from the loom. I urged the Yatour in but to no joy as it didn't transmit a Bluetooth signal and the head unit didn't recognise it. The socket I used, if memory serves, is on the bottom and is 3rd from the left. Since you both have the similar unit up and running I have to ask which socket on the back of the radio unit have you used? I take it you also use a Y lead.

49 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

To Bruce and Zoricib. I've been thinking about the Bluetooth adapter you have which connects to the rear of the head unit. It reminds me of a Yatour unit I bought from the same German seller. When I came to fit the Yatour I found that where the Yatour fits the 6+6 socket was bare as in no lead was plugged into it from the loom. I urged the Yatour in but to no joy as it didn't transmit a Bluetooth signal and the head unit didn't recognise it. The socket I used, if memory serves, is on the bottom and is 3rd from the left. Since you both have the similar unit up and running I have to ask which socket on the back of the radio unit have you used? I take it you also use a Y lead.

Hey Vlad,

I took the unit off only partly i.e. the top half of the harnesses. I went a bit blind as I didn't have any instructions so I plugged it in the only spare matching socket i could find. Located it on the bottom right( as you face the display). I think the one in the middle from the highlighted area in the pic attached

No Y cable needed.

28527__01.jpg

Thanks Bogdan. That picture reminds me of how I saw mine. Its surprising just how many variants of the head unit there are. Because your Bluetooth adapter is recognised as a CD player does track listing appear on the screen aswell as artist and track?

5 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Thanks Bogdan. That picture reminds me of how I saw mine. Its surprising just how many variants of the head unit there are. Because your Bluetooth adapter is recognised as a CD player does track listing appear on the screen aswell as artist and track?

No artist track info I'm afraid. Here's what mine looks like. Selecting the other CD's doesn't do anything.

IMG_20201026_184237.jpg

• 5 months later...

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but 'tis the season for ressurections 

How does the @zoricib adaptor work on your phone? If i install the adaptor, does that mean i need to connect to a different Bluetooth than my oem Bluetooth? Or will i still only connect to the oem Bluetooth and have the oppurtunity to stream audio?

18 minutes ago, Lageoddvin said:

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but 'tis the season for ressurections 

How does the @zoricib adaptor work on your phone? If i install the adaptor, does that mean i need to connect to a different bluetooth than my oem bluetooth? Or will i still only connect to the oem bluetooth and have the oppurtunity to stream audio?

Hey there,

My OEM Bluetooth only allows for handsfree calling so the adaptor adds another Bluetooth connection for streaming music. So your phone will need to be connected to both at the same time (all phones can do this). They will work at the same time so if you stream music you'll still be able to receive or make a phone call through your car's handsfree Bluetooth system. The adaptor doesn't take away any of the OEM functionality.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lageoddvin said:

Nice! Thank you. Im gonna give it a whirl and see if it works 👍

It works as any other Bluetooth adapter so no changes to be aware on that front. Just be careful when removing the stereo not to damage the dashboard where the top air vent is. 

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lage. Look at the picture I've posted. This is my Bluetooth set up to stream music. No need at all to remove the radio. 

20210304_094413.jpg

I suppose that works, but i have had some smaller issues with my AUX port, which is partly why i was looking into Bluetooth audio streaming in the first place. Thanks anyway for the tip

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:21 AM, juicestop said:

So this link is dead, and i don't know what the thing was called. Do you perhaps have the name of the part saved in your order history. Need to track this down.

2 hours ago, Lageoddvin said:

So this link is dead, and i don't know what the thing was called. Do you perhaps have the name of the part saved in your order history. Need to track this down.

I think this is the one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264004475652?epid=6025037608&hash=item3d77e49b04:g:KGIAAOSwVFJbzvUu 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lageoddvin said:

Thanks, just bought it, so now its just a waiting game

Take your time when removing the stereo so you don't chip your dashboard around the vent and test it before you put everything back 😁